Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MPC tagging (Read 4306 times) previous topic - next topic

MPC tagging

Hi!
I wonder if there are some mpc tagging tools, and where can I find ?
What will be the quality improvment in SV8 except the tagging?

thanx

MPC tagging

Reply #1
Well so far, the only improvement to SV8 is the tagging, and a more efficient Huffman coding. Therefore lowering the bitrate
even more! Which IMHO is a good thing! But don't think its going to reduce quality!

Cheers
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

MPC tagging

Reply #2
Frank, where can I download the WinAMP tagger which is the "lattest news" at your page?

MPC tagging

Reply #3
There are some programs that would allow you to tag your mpc files but since the upcomming sv8 will have another tagging system I think you better wait.

MPC tagging

Reply #4
Just a quick thought :

If I would encode my wavs today with SV7 (encoder 1.0) and I would tag them with APE1.0 tags, would they be compatible with SV8 ???

I'd really like to know this because else I think I would wait for SV8.
-->xmixahlx<-- learn the truth about audio-compression

MPC tagging

Reply #5
SV8 will use ID3 1.x, APE 1.0, and APE 2.0 tags... so yes, everything is backwards compatible. There is no reason to wait for SV8, as there are plans for a lossless transcoder from SV7 to SV8.

If you guys haven't looked at the SV8 proposal, it's a good read.

MPC tagging

Reply #6
as far as a good tagging tool for SV7, i suggest mptagger...

i believe mptagger.com but i may be wrong.

i will post the software on my website when i find it.

MPC tagging

Reply #7
Originally posted by spase
as far as a good tagging tool for SV7, i suggest mptagger...

http://surf.to/mptagger
It has some good features, but it only supports ID3 tags.

MPC tagging

Reply #8
yes, but is there a tagger for APE tags?

anyways i also suggest MPEG Audio Collection for organizing MPC files... i think it also has good features for tagging, but im not sure.

MPC tagging

Reply #9
Where can I find APE 2.0 tagging tool?

thanx

MPC tagging

Reply #10
There currently is no APE 2.0 tagger, as the specification is still being drafted.

Both the latest Winamp plugin and my Media Jukebox plugin are capable of writing APE 1.0 tags. If you want to mass tag a bunch of MPC files with APE tags, then I don't know what to tell you unless you use MJ.