Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 auto close at the play end (Read 507 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 auto close at the play end

Hallo.
I am new here.
I have Foobar2000 Rev. 2.0 and I need to automatically close it at the end of the play: is it possible? How?
Thank you very much.

Re: Foobar2000 auto close at the play end

Reply #1
First, you really should update to v2.1.2 or v2.2 previews. The first 2.0 version is very old and has many known bugs.

You can use https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_scheduler_mod to automate player exit at the end of playback.

Once the component is installed open its preferences, either by navigating to 'Preferences' -> 'Scheduler mod', or directly from the 'File' menu shortcut 'Scheduler mod' -> 'Preferences'.

Click the small 'Add...' button at the end of the lower 'Tasks' headline.
Give the task a name, for example "Close foobar2000". Hit OK.
Right click on the newly created empty task and select 'Add action' -> 'Exit foobar2000'.

Now that a task is created, click on the upper 'Add...' button at the end of 'Events' headline.
Select 'Add player event...'.
For event select 'On playback stop'.
For reasons select both, if you want all playback ending to cause player to exit. If you don't want manual stopping to close the player, only select the 'End-of-file signal'.
Click OK.
Now right click on the added event. Select 'Assign task' -> 'Close foobar2000' (or whatever name you gave to your taks).
Hit OK.
You are done.