Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Resampling from 96 to 44.1 kHz (Read 686 times) previous topic - next topic

Resampling from 96 to 44.1 kHz

I want to resample files from 96 kHz to 44.1 kHz. Which plugin should I use to achieve the best possible sound quality?

Re: Resampling from 96 to 44.1 kHz

Reply #1
That's a whole can of worms. Best I can say is I like the quality I get from foo_dsp_src_resampler with Mode: Best Sinc Interpolator. It also has a handy function to exclude certain rates so you won't be forced into resampling things that are already the desired rate.

Prepare yourself to hear at least as many answers as there are resamplers.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Re: Resampling from 96 to 44.1 kHz

Reply #3
I didn't realize OP might be talking about a permanent conversion as opposed to a DSP during playback. I have heard that, theoretically, a perfect resample is possible with access to the entire track in non-realtime scenarios, but I don't know how it works.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.