Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer (Read 72239 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_vis_spectrum_analyzer

Reply #150
Confirmed. It's a high-DPI thing again. I'm getting pretty fed-up with this mess. DirectX is supposed to be resolution independent. But somewhere in the mapping of the mouse coordinates something goes wrong...

Reply #152
Confirmed. It's a high-DPI thing again. I'm getting pretty fed-up with this mess. DirectX is supposed to be resolution independent. But somewhere in the mapping of the mouse coordinates something goes wrong...
Thanks for confirming this.  I'm wondering what the code considers to be "high-DPI"--I am using a regular HDMI monitor with Windows set to 125% scale and the screen resolution at 1920 X 1080.  Your efforts have been and are appreciated and I'm more than willing to accept your work at whatever stage you are satisfied with.  It's a beautiful and effective spectrum.

Reply #153
Thanks for confirming this.  I'm wondering what the code considers to be "high-DPI"--I am using a regular HDMI monitor with Windows set to 125% scale and the screen resolution at 1920 X 1080.  Your efforts have been and are appreciated and I'm more than willing to accept your work at whatever stage you are satisfied with.  It's a beautiful and effective spectrum.

I use foobar on dedicated audio-only-laptop connected to 46''TV. My resolution is 1920*1080 and the size is set to 150%. I look at it from about 4-5 meters so going down to 125% makes everything unreadable for me, the text is just too small. So I just have to be on  150% - no other option.

Reply #154
v0.5.0.0, 2023-12-08

* New: Columns UI support.
* Fixed: Tooltips display at the correct position on installations scaled higher than 100%.

You can download it from the Components repository or upgrade from within foobar2000.

Thanks to @musicmusic for helping me with the release bug.

Reply #155
Spectrum Analyzer 0.5.0.0
Change log:
New: Columns UI support.

Really?

foobar2000 core 2.1 preview 2023-12-06 64bit
Columns UI 2.1.0 (foo_ui_columns) 2023-09-26
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY ULT WEAR (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #156
I think a more distinctive name is required to seperate it from the stock CUI visualisation...

It's easy for me to tell because I know musicmusic uses British English spelling like I do. Not so easy for others. :P

Reply #157
@marc2k3
Many Thanks.

OMG

orz...

Spectrum Analyzer
Spectrum analyzer

Sorry  pqyt

SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY ULT WEAR (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #158
I think a more distinctive name is required to seperate it from the stock CUI visualisation...

It's easy for me to tell because I know musicmusic uses British English spelling like I do. Not so easy for others. :P

Agreed with you, I think the name of this component should be renamed to "Audio Spectrum" or alternatively "FFT Analyzer" (yeah, @pqyt are allowed to namesnipe concept components) to avoid confusion with the one and the only built-in visualization of Columns UI (barring from built-in DUI visualizations that got added into CUI in foobar2000 v2.0) "Spectrum analyser" panel

Also, I've updated my own spectrum analyzer project (which this component is based off) to implement weighting/slope/equalize functions (which I've also wanted this for Enhanced Spectrum analyzer component besides frequency tilt, which already exists in foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer 1.9.2.0) as well as the ability to use complex FFT as input for triangular filter banks (which I found out it changes the time resolution for higher frequencies when the triangular filter bank is set to use complex FFT value instead during summation and later converted to magnitude data afterwards)

Reply #159
v0.5.0.0, 2023-12-08

* New: Columns UI support.
* Fixed: Tooltips display at the correct position on installations scaled higher than 100%.

You can download it from the Components repository or upgrade from within foobar2000.

Thanks to @musicmusic for helping me with the release bug.

Hi,

v 0.5:
+ bars show proper values - thanks!!1
- setting window still does not fit on the screen and can't be used with my setup.

Reply #160
v0.5.0.0 Frequency range configuration.
There appears to be a problem with the storage of the Frequency range.
After specifying 20.00 to 96000.00 in the settings (image 1) and once exiting Foobar 2.1 Preview, the saved settings are 96000.00 to 20000.00 (image 2).
In v0.4.2.1, the settings were saved successfully. The same was also true after initialisation by clicking the Reset button.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by poor English.
DAC: FiiO K7 Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 (A2DC Connecter/Balanced Mod.)
Audio Source: FLAC (16/44 24/96 24/192) from Windows Server Public Folder.
Foobar2000 x64 Preview with Intel Core i9-7900X/MEM 48GB/Windows 11.

Reply #161
After specifying 20.00 to 96000.00 in the settings (image 1) and once exiting Foobar 2.1 Preview, the saved settings are 96000.00 to 20000.00 (image 2).
In v0.4.2.1, the settings were saved successfully. The same was also true after initialisation by clicking the Reset button.
Yup. Copy/Paste error. The low frequency is read twice from the CUI configuration. I'll release a hot fix.

Reply #162
Also check the Lanczos kernel value--has an unlikely default of 32 at first install, but then returns to "1" no matter what it is changed to.  Other than that, this version is perfect--scaling and performance.  This is using a DUI panel.

Reply #163
Yup. Copy/Paste error. The low frequency is read twice from the CUI configuration. I'll release a hot fix.
Thank you for providing the v0.5.0.1 HotFix.
We have confirmed that the defect has been fixed.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by poor English.
DAC: FiiO K7 Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-W5000 (A2DC Connecter/Balanced Mod.)
Audio Source: FLAC (16/44 24/96 24/192) from Windows Server Public Folder.
Foobar2000 x64 Preview with Intel Core i9-7900X/MEM 48GB/Windows 11.

Reply #164

Hi,
as I still have the same problem with settings window, maybe you could try to change the position of "OK, reset..." buttons to the side of the window (upper part of the window) or maybe change the position of some setting in order to make the window wider but flatter?
It is OK when settings are 100%, it is only visible with bottom bar hidden with 125% and it is never visible with 150%. I have to be at 150%.

Reply #165
I just noticed that the 32-bit version of the plugin is not useable with Foobar 1.6.17--when attempting to install, Foobar produces a "failed to load DLL, not compatible with this version of the Foobar SDK" message.  Any chance of making it backward compatible with the older SDK?

Reply #166
I just noticed that the 32-bit version of the plugin is not useable with Foobar 1.6.17--when attempting to install, Foobar produces a "failed to load DLL, not compatible with this version of the Foobar SDK" message.  Any chance of making it backward compatible with the older SDK?
You'll have to ask Peter to back-port the API's. The message is generated by foobar2000 itself.

Reply #167
You'll have to ask Peter to back-port the API's. The message is generated by foobar2000 itself.
Fair enough, what @sveakul didn't know is that this component requires foobar2000 v2.0 (which is the first version to get a 64-bit version) and later

Also, I've added a window function called Galss (which I come up with the name of such exotic window function that no one seen before, not to be confused with Gaussian), which equals to "f(x) = (((1-1/(x+2))*(1-1/(-x+2)))*4)^2 * -(tanh(sqrt(2)*(-x+1))*tanh(sqrt(2)*(-x-1)))/(tanh(sqrt(2)) ^ 2)", which has higher sidelobe amplitude at close proximity to mainlobe than Hann window but with better sidelobe rolloff than Hann window to my own spectrum analyzer project and I've changed the Welch/parabola window to make it adjustable (for consistency with power of sine and power of semicircle windows, the latter of which falls into the category of exotic window functions since not many papers mention it)

BTW (assuming this component have window function set to Hann, which is the default setting), I've tested the mono vs. stereo audio and spectral leakage thing and I've found that opening this visualization component on mono audio before applying convert mono to stereo DSP afterwards shifts the position on the peaks and opening the same component on the stereo audio (or mono audio with the same DSP applied before the visualization window opens) have high sidelobes comparable to rectangular window

Reply #168
I just compiled your latest sources with the latest SDK with FOOBAR2000_TARGET_VERSION at 80, which is the default, and the component works fine even on foobar2000 v1.5.

Are you perhaps using the foobar2000 SDK 2023-09-06? It had a bug in its version defines and it defaulted to require foobar2000 v2.0. It was fixable by editing the version defines and a fixed version was uploaded a week later.

Reply #169
I just compiled your latest sources with the latest SDK with FOOBAR2000_TARGET_VERSION at 80, which is the default, and the component works fine even on foobar2000 v1.5.

Are you perhaps using the foobar2000 SDK 2023-09-06? It had a bug in its version defines and it defaulted to require foobar2000 v2.0. It was fixable by editing the version defines and a fixed version was uploaded a week later.
Yes, 2023-09-06. I'll upgrade and use it for the next version.

On the subject of bugs: any chance on addressing the warnings the SDK generates in VS2022 during compilation:
- gmtime()
- localtime()
- strdup()
- GetVersionExW()
- GetVersion
- wcscpy()

Reply #170
FR: The feature to display spectrum of multiple channels simultaneously, either in horizontal (like Channel Spectrum panel), vertical (like in audioMotion-analyzer), or combined with different colors (like in Voxengo SPAN and MeldaProduction MMultiAnalyzer)

Also, a Mid/Side channel representations would be appreciated since fb2k is supposed to be focused on something functional (and thus more analysis-oriented visualizations like spectrum analyzers and spectrograms than trippy ones like MilkDrop) in comparison to other players like AIMP5

Reply #171
I have been using this extension for a few hours and love it and see no obvious problems.  :)

My only two requests are (1) to have a way to color notes black and white just like on a piano keyboard, so the identities of the notes can more easily be recognized at a glance. (I like using it to see what notes singers are actually hitting.)

And (2) to have 30 Hz as a "refresh rate limit" option, (but this is really quite minor, and in the meantime I can just use 20Hz or 60Hz and hardly even see the difference).
I'm ready to look at this request but fail to see how it would work.

1. Do you want the spectrum bars black and white?
2. Do you want the bar background black and white?
3. Do you want me to copy how foo_musical_spectrum solved it?

Reply #172
v0.5.1.0, 2023-12-14

* New: Support for DUI and CUI default user interface colors.
* New: LED mode.
* New: The color scheme can be used as a horizontal gradient.
* New: The color for the background of white and black 'keys' can be selected separately.
* New: Galss window function.
* Improved: Rendering occurs on a separate thread resulting in smoother animation.
* Improved: Re-designed configuration dialog to fit on installations scaled higher than 100%.
* Fixed: Some settings were reset when the configuration dialog re-opened during the same session.
* Fixed: Scaling method was available when other than Linear distribution was selected.
* Fixed: Bug in Median, RMS and RMS Sum summation method.

Reply #173
pqyt: does this version use the fixed SDK mentioned here so that is now compatible with Foobar 1.6.17 as well?

Reply #174
pqyt: does this version use the fixed SDK mentioned here so that is now compatible with Foobar 1.6.17 as well?
Answering my own question, YES!  Thank you pqyt!  Fully compatible and looking as great with Foobar 1.6.17 32-bit as it does with my 64-bit Foobar v2.1.  Much smoother, now I run at 60 Hz and get my desired spectrum response, LED mode works fine but sticking with bars.