Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 2.1 preview - Inconsistant sort order between playlist and ReFacets (Read 898 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 2.1 preview - Inconsistant sort order between playlist and ReFacets

As stated in the title, the sort order is different between playlists and in ReFacets.

Playlists: A, Z, ミ, や
ReFacets: A, Z, や, ミ
X

Foobar version: 2.1 preview 2023-10-13

EDIT: Just realised "Title / featuring / track artist" is a custom column (%title%[>>>' (feat. '%featuring%')'<<<][<<<' ['%track artist%']']), but it should still be sorted the same way.

Re: foobar2000 2.1 preview - Inconsistant sort order between playlist and ReFacets

Reply #1
EDIT: Just realised "Title / featuring / track artist" is a custom column (%title%[>>>' (feat. '%featuring%')'<<<][<<<' ['%track artist%']']), but it should still be sorted the same way.
The >>> <<< do matter - by themselves, even. (I honestly question whether that is a good thing.)

Try to format the "artist" column like e.g.
$if(%featuring%,>>%artist%<<,>%artist%<)
that should just darken it if it is %featuring% someone, not display it. But brightness/darkness does at least break ties.

Re: foobar2000 2.1 preview - Inconsistant sort order between playlist and ReFacets

Reply #2
The highlighting is irrelevant to the bug, and what I use works for me. I had just tried to give the simplest example I could but forgot to switch back to the standard columns. Either way, the sort order between ReFacets and the playlist is different.

Reply #4
But now "Items" is sorted incorrectly, it should be by numbers and not by alphabet.

Is: 1 before 100 before 3 before 666 before 9
Should be: 1, 3, 9, 100, 666