Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [fb2k v2] Vital Bookmarks (Read 13010 times) previous topic - next topic

[fb2k v2] Vital Bookmarks

Vital Bookmarks (foo_vbookmark)

A beta release forking Basic Bookmarks (foo_bbookmark) by Paremo.

Requirements:

- fb2k v2
- DUI or CUI

Added features:

- Comment (editable) and date fields.
- Dark mode
- JSON data storage

Enjoy!

v1 Beta

Re: [fb2k v2] Vital Bookmarks

Reply #1
New update fixing a crash when the UI element is not included in the layout.

v1 Beta 4

Reply #2
@da yuyu ,
Please take a look:
-The component window needs to be slightly corrected (see pic).
-The font in the settings window differs from the font of the settings windows of other components. This can be seen for example by the letter "a" (see pic2).

Thank you.

Reply #3
This new release should fix the input boxes (it works here at 800x600 resolution).
I couldn´t reproduce the issue in the second pic... hopefully, it also fixes the font size in the right side panel.
Thanks for reporting!

v1.0 beta 5

Reply #4
@Sergey77

Oh... I see now, also the R uppercase; the MS Sans Serif font in the second picture.
Will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Reply #5
@Sergey77
Oh... I see now, also the R uppercase; the MS Sans Serif font in the second picture.
Will be fixed in an upcoming release.
I noticed that is a common problem. Three plugins that I use have this: ZXTune, foo_midi, foo_previewer.
By the way, also pay attention to foo_run_xgrp, foo_scheduler_mod.

v1.0 beta 5
Preferences window is ok.
Thx

Reply #6
Thanks for the component, @da yuyu

...but, when I go to "View>Vital Bookmarks", nothing comes up - what am I missing?  Do I need to delete "Basic Bookmarks" for this to work?

Thanks!

(Using v1.0 beta5 with fb2k v2.0 with Column UI v2.0.0)

Reply #7
@Sergey77

foo_run_xgrp, foo_scheduler_mod and vbookmark have now been patched.

Thanks again for reporting!

Vital Bookmarks v1.0 beta 6

@esa372
Both the Basic and Vital components should be able to run side by side.

The options can be found in the main menu, Playback > Vital Bookmarks. The component can also be added to the UI layout in edit mode: New UI Element dialog > Utility > Vital Bookmarks.

View>Vital Bookmarks helps to locate the component by highlighting it in the UI layout, if it is not present, as you say, no area should be highlighted.

Cheers!

Reply #8
@da yuyu
Thanks for the info!

Reply #9
Hi,

Thanks for this component, da yuyu.

I don't know where it comes from, but I have crashes after installing it, with Columns UI and layout and color mode changes.
First I change the layout (I restore another saved Columns UI layout), then I change the theme (light mode / dark mode) in Columns UI preferences. At that point, it crashes (see crash report).
With foobar2000 v2.1 preview 2023-08-28 32 bit + Columns UI 2.1.0-beta.3 + Vital Bookmarks 1.0 beta 6

I've also noticed that in the settings drop-down list, some accented characters like à é è ù ç ñ appear incorrectly, probably due to the character encoding.
X

Another thing: with the "Auto-Create bookmark on track change" option, when I change playlist, the first bookmark in the new playlist is displayed with the old playlist (in the "Playlist" column of the panel).

Reply #10
@Terence

You are welcome...
Also thanks for reporting!

This release fixes CUI crashing while changing the color mode.
It also includes a partial fix for the wrong playlist name.

Vital Bookmarks v1.0 beta 7

Unfortunately, I also found another ugly bug running DUI.
fb2k crashes when attempting to remove the UI component from the layout.
Until fixed, the UI element can only be removed by uninstalling the component.

Hope I can solve that soon, though.
Otherwise, I will have to temporarily remove CUI support ::)

Reply #11
Uploaded:
Vital Bookmarks 1.0 beta 6 (foo_vbookmark) (2023-09-05)
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #12
@da yuyu 

The color mode crash seems to be gone.
It's better with the playlist name fix. The playlist name of the last bookmark is cleared when foobar restarts.
Thanks!

I found another crash with v1.0 beta 7, sorry.
- uncheck "Auto-Create bookmark on track change" setting
- delete all bookmarks
- restart foobar
- start playing a song
- foobar crashes

Edit: It seems that "Auto-Create bookmark on track change" + "Auto-Create only in these playlists" doesn't work. The bookmark does not appear.

Reply #13
@Air KEN
Sorry, about the version mess.
I had some problems batching the latest releases.
Hope it is solved now!

Vital Bookmarks v1.0 beta 8

Many thanks again @Airken and @Terence for your collaboration!

Change log:

Fixes:
- Several scenarios running the component without the UI element. The above crash reported by @Terence should be fixed.
- Issues saving bookmarks on quit, including the last bookmark cleared when foobar restarts.
- Issues with Unicode playlist names.
- Issues related to both options "Auto-Create bookmark on track change" and "Auto-Create only in these playlists" enabled.
- Issues related to initially empty bookmark lists.
- Default column widths not applied adding UI element to the fb2k layout.

Revisions:
- Scenarios enabling and disabling Playback menu options.
- Scenarios enabling and disabling UI Element context menu options. It is still required to pause bookmarking to enable the Reset time, Delete and Clear All options.
- Playback menu option Restore Bookmark now defaults to the last bookmark instead of the first.

Known issues (DUI only):

fb2k crashes when attempting to remove the UI component from the layout.
Until fixed, the UI element can only be removed by uninstalling the component.

MOD edit: fix mention [Air KEN not AirKen (different member)]

Reply #14
@da yuyu
Many Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD620S, SENNHEISER HD 490 Pro Plus, beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #15
With v1.0 beta 8, I no longer have a crash after restart when there is no bookmark.
Unicode playlist names are displayed correctly in the drop-down list.
Both "Auto-Create bookmark on track change" and "Auto-Create only in these playlists": it works fine now.

Thanks da yuyu

Only "Auto-Create bookmark on track change":
The playlist name no longer appears (or not always) in the Playlist column of the panel.
And if I play a song that already has a bookmark a second time, it doesn't create a new bookmark. I don't know if this is normal, but with the "only in these playlists" option, it creates a new bookmark each time.
And when I checked "only in these playlists" again (both "Auto-Create on track change" and "only in these playlists"), it no longer created bookmarks. After deleting all the bookmarks, it worked again.

Reply #16
@Terence

I will check the playlist column and the issue related to songs already bookmarked. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to test the latest fixes.
Thanks a lot!

Beta 9 should fix the crash editing the DUI layout.
There are also some fixes related to the playlist name, but imho, not related to the issue you mentioned above.

Vital Bookmarks v1.0 beta 9

Change log:

- Fix DUI crash by removing the component from the layout.
- Updated to SDK 2023-09-06

Reply #17
All the issues I mentioned in my last post with only "Auto-Create on track change" no longer appear with the v1.0 beta 9. There's the playlist name, a new bookmark appears even if there was already one on that song (if that's what's intended that's fine), and when I select "only in these playlists" again it works.

So that's great. I'm glad you fixed the DUI crash. Congratulations on your work.  :)

Reply #18
Dayuyu,
When changing the width of any column of "Vital Bookmarks" DUI panel, fb2k crashes.

VB v1.0 beta 9
fb2k v2.1 preview 2023-08-28

Reply #20
@da yuyu,
- The options "Reset time", "Delete", "Clear All" are no longer available in the menu (pic1)
- The font in the VB settings window is larger than the font in the settings windows of other components (pic2)
- How is the "Comment" field edited?

VB v1.0 beta 10
fb2k v2.1 preview 2023-08-28 [32-bit] DUI
screen res. 1920x1080

Thanks a lot for the previous fix!

Reply #21
@Sergey77

Those were disabled while auto-creating bookmarks.
Now they should be available most of the time, including editing comments.

Vital Bookmarks v1.0 beta 11

Fixes:
- Some scenarios auto-creating extra bookmarks (restore menu command and on quit).
- Component preferences page using wrong font size.

Changes;
- Context menu options enabled when auto-creation is running.
- Added Copy, Open containing folder and Properties options to the context menu.

Reply #22
A new prerelease is available.
Bookmark auto-creation broke in last beta.
This patch should fix that regression.

Vital Bookmarks v1.0 beta 12

Change log:
- Patch beta 11 auto-creation bug.
- Editable time column.

Reply #23
@da yuyu,
the component works fine in my layout now.
All issues are fixed, thanks a lot!

I wish you new ideas and new successes!
:)

Reply #24
@Sergey77

Your are welcome, thanks for your collaboration in this and the other components.
A pleasure...
Long live and prosper!   :)

Till next time.