Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Another embedded cue sheet question (referenced file name) (Read 346 times) previous topic - next topic

Another embedded cue sheet question (referenced file name)

Hi guys,

another embedded cue sheet question related to referenced file name in cue sheet.

As i just started embedding cue sheets into my mp3 files, i'm wondering what role the file name inside the cue sheet is playing? If i get it right a FILE needs to be defined, but it doesn't matter if it's the real file name of the mp3 file in which it's embedded or just a random string (foobar2000 is accepting/playing it anyways as long it exists). Is there any way to auto insert the mp3 file name it is embedded in? I guess it's not for now (at least i didn't find it yet), so maybe a feature request?

I know, if file name is written matching in cue file, then it will also be in embedded cue sheet, but as i'm tagging and renaming my mp3 files with foobar2000, quite often the referenced file doesn't match FILE in cue sheet anymore.

Thanks i.a.!
Alex

There isn't the possibility of handling the embedded cue sheet like a tag which can be parsed and edited like replacing the string FILE with (FILE %filename%)? ;-)