Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ASIO/Revo Question (Read 4000 times) previous topic - next topic

ASIO/Revo Question

Current Setup:

W2K SP4
Foobar .667 (and .7 beta 40)
ASIO (.23 for foobar .7 and .14 for foobar .667)
M-Audio Revo (Version 1.0.1.5    Driver 5.10.00.0036)
    -Using Digital Out to external receiver (Denon 3803)

I am unable to hear any sound when using ASIO output.  Foobar is configured to 24bit fixed-point padded to 32bit (others fail also) with ASIO output.

Foobar appears to play the sound as the progress bar moves while playing, but no audio.  No problems with waveOut (24bit fixed-point).    Both .667 and .7 beta 40 behave the same with respect to this issue.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

ASIO/Revo Question

Reply #1
I'm not good with professional level audio EQ. But I know on my Audigy there is an option to disable/enable digital output. Perhaps you have something like this?

Does the problem occur with other audio programs and windows applications?

ASIO/Revo Question

Reply #2
I find that with Winamp 2.x (ASIO output) there is no sound either, but yet the file is being processed/played.  I suspect the problem is with the Revo, the drivers, or the OS (W2K SP4), but I may be wrong...  The Revo is set to use Digital Output Mode (spdif).  (Direct Monitoring is disabled as it does not play nicely with ASIO.)

-waveOut works (/w 24fix fixed-point).
-DirectSound works, but sounds terrible (background noise) and no 24bit.

Anyone else?

ASIO/Revo Question

Reply #3
i had the same problem aswell

what you need to do is change the 'shift output channels' option in the ASIO output tab. I changed mine to 2 and it now works with Terratec ewx 24/96 via the digitalout.

Hope it helps

Regards
A Man Eating Duck
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

ASIO/Revo Question

Reply #4
Still no luck;  'Shift output channels' had no effect.     

Other suggestions anyone?

ASIO/Revo Question

Reply #5
Not that this answers your question, but why are you using ASIO anyway?

ASIO/Revo Question

Reply #7
The Revo does not currently support ASIO through digital output.  Hopefully they will fix this in a future driver revision.