Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.1 bugs (Read 16549 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.1 bugs

Reply #50
Running v2.1 preview 23-06-20 x86 under Windows 10 22H2.

The option under "/Display/Default User Interface/Background and Notifications" to show a custom icon in the notification area does not appear to work anymore.   Worked in 1.6.16.

Reply #51
Running v2.1 preview 23-06-20 x86 under Windows 10 22H2.

The option under "/Display/Default User Interface/Background and Notifications" to show a custom icon in the notification area does not appear to work anymore.   Worked in 1.6.16.

Still working on Win 7 64 (running 32 bit Foobar 6-20 release). I know that isn't much help on Win 10.
There's free cheese in every trap.

Reply #52
2023-06-20

HLS radio fixes, segmented MP4 DASH now plays.
   Networking improvements, better read-ahead buffering performance.

There are problems on all the components that manage graphic effects such as Vu Meter, Spectrum etc..

Likewise they are still, unmanageable.

Reply #53
When playing tracks with UPnP, the track name is not displayed.

Reply #54
2023-06-20

HLS radio fixes, segmented MP4 DASH now plays.
   Networking improvements, better read-ahead buffering performance.

There are problems on all the components that manage graphic effects such as Vu Meter, Spectrum etc..

Likewise they are still, unmanageable.

Sorry, my problem.

The cause is MadVR installing with Codec Tweak Tool.

Reply #55
Foobar is not showing latest tags unless one manually presses the "Reload info from Files" button, irrespective of restarting foobar or adding the file again.

Reply #56
Foobar is not showing latest tags unless one manually presses the "Reload info from Files" button, irrespective of restarting foobar or adding the file again.
Sounds like you are using external tagger set to keep file modification time unchanged. It is not a bug - foobar2000 can't know a file was changed if its size and timestamp didn't change.

Reply #57
Hello, I have already posted...

All types of visualizations do not remember the size of the windows. When you exit full screen mode, the window becomes larger than it was.

fb2k v2.x

Reply #58
I am getting pops/clicks under Windows11.  After a log hiatus of about 2 months ...with my test laptop getting all the Win11 updates and, I cant get rid of these. Output is 705.6kHz at 24bits to USB. I've tried foobar 2.0 and 2.1.  This does not happen when using JRiver MC 31. I see in the 2.1 release notes mention of pops/clicks under certain conditions.  Well the issue is still present for me.

Reply #59
If a song doesn't have ID information, when playing on UPnP, it used to display the file name, but now it displays a long string of characters.

Reply #62
Sure good point, but: when fb2k has decided to support TAK out-of-the-box, then it could very well support TAK out-of-the-box.
With Monkey's Audio, the 2.0 beta would for a while use ffmpeg because official Monkey's could be updated like six times in two days - but then fb2k adopted the official one.

And this is not about my alleged aversions - TAK does impress me, but I don't use it (I mean, except for testing).

Reply #63
Why are you averse to using foo_input_tak. Surely its better to use code built from the official TAK SDK rather than unofficial reverse engineered shiznit from ffmpeg??

You and your software are shiznit. Go fix your complexes somewhere else.
Please remove my account from this forum.

Reply #64
I don't know if it's a bag from the latest version that Implemented radio-browser integration with Internet Radio panel, but there is an incompatibility with the vgmstream decoder version: r1843 plugin.

I had to uninstall the vgmstream plugin as it blocks playing the radio stream.

Tested with radio stream:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Removed the plugin the radio stream plays correctly.

Edit:

Other problem

The .tags extension no longer works correctly

Reply #65
In the new Internet Radio dialog, the Known Stations / Search / Browse tabs cannot gain focus using keyboard. Also Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab don't work. Could this be implemented?

Big thanks.

Reply #66
I don't know if it's a bag from the latest version that Implemented radio-browser integration with Internet Radio panel, but there is an incompatibility with the vgmstream decoder version: r1843 plugin.

I had to uninstall the vgmstream plugin as it blocks playing the radio stream.

Tested with radio stream:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Removed the plugin the radio stream plays correctly.

Edit:

Other problem

The .tags extension no longer works correctly

As for the .tags problem, it is solved by adding /stream.mp3 in the link.

Reply #67
Visible stuttering and slow response from foobar occurs when using certain Toolbar visualizations and Hardware Acceleration

When Peak Meter (and others) is on the toolbar and Hardware Acceleration is enabled in advanced options, foobar will cause stuttering easily visible on mouse movement upon first opening the program and when stopping tracks (lasting several seconds). It is possible I'm only seeing the mouse stuttering because I have G-Sync on and enabled for windowed programs (this is a necessity for me). It shouldn't be a hardware issue because I'm using a 3090 and a 240Hz monitor. Stuttering shows up at the default interval of 10ms and seems more pronounced at 4ms.
Found on my old install, confirmed on a fresh install. Both 32 bit and 64 bit.
I don't know if this is new for 2.1 or older. I might be able to check later.

**EDIT**
Same thing in both Default UI and Columns UI.

**EDIT 2**
Further information - The slowdown occurs when using Oscilloscope, Peak Meter, and/or Spectrum (Toolbar). It does not occur with just the Spectrum Analyzer.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #68
foobar2000 v2.1 preview 2023-07-19 64bit Default UI
"Internet Radio"
How should I search?
-----
I understand.
Set it to "Name" and put a word in the box next to it.

SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #70
I'm new to the forum so please excuse me if this has already been asked and answered.

I was always able to "see" the various iterations of Version 1 on my home network, from JRiver, and my Oppo 105D.  Version 2.0 and 2.1 are invisible and can't be seen.  I can still push files to my PS Audio DAC and the Oppo 105D which are part of my network but I can't pull files because Foobar2000 isn't listed as part of the network. 

Is there some setting I don't have right or is this a known issue?  TIA

Reply #71
Internet Radio: Search | Country | Germany Unsupported format or corrupted file

Seems fixed in foobar2000 v2.1 preview 2023-07-20 (?)

Reply #73
In the new Internet Radio dialog, the Known Stations / Search / Browse tabs cannot gain focus using keyboard. Also Ctrl+Tab, Ctrl+Shift+Tab don't work. Could this be implemented?
Furthermore, Enter should invoke the Play action, CTRL+C could copy stream URL. Delete to forget works already.

Best regards
M

Reply #74
Hi

Starting this morning, following a BSOD on my PC, FB (current preview x64) is crashing after a few seconds, whether in safe mode or not, playing music or not. All components appear fine, and the crash report has

Code: AA67913Ch, flags: 00000001h, address: 00007FFE73B0CF19h
Bug check

Windows 10

At the bottom of the faillure file, '[62922ms] metadb write failure: SQL error: file corrupted (11)'