Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Masstagger writes files despite no changes to tags (Read 815 times) previous topic - next topic

Masstagger writes files despite no changes to tags

Hi guys,

I had some trailing whitespace in some very few files and tags. I decided to get rid if it via Masstagger. Fortunately only on a smaller, 20 GB sized lossy collection.

Masstagger wrote all files from scratch, is that intended behaviour? It would interfere with my backup strategy, which compares files by dates.
fb2k v2 x64 latest beta.

Thx

X

Re: Masstagger writes files despite no changes to tags

Reply #1
I have exactly the same problem in MP3Tag.  As with FB2K, you can set it to update timestamps of not update timestamps - not updating means its not possible to keep track of genuine updates, but having it update timestamps results in new timestamps on files which have not changed.  For some reason the powers that be seem not to be bothered.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Re: Masstagger writes files despite no changes to tags

Reply #3
Thanks guys -
You could try using Cleanup from the main Properties dialog instead. Pretty sure it only writes files where values have changed.
Always overlooked that one, will give it a try.