Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Display abums you don't have. (Read 1230 times) previous topic - next topic

Display abums you don't have.

If you were to display albums that you don't currently have but might wish to get in the future, how would you do that in fb? I'm hoping for something like this, I display an artist using artist filter, the albums I don't have, just have one greyed out entry for the title of the album. Don't need the individual songs for this yet.
I'm using foobar2000 v2.0 beta 24 [64bit]
With Columns UI Version 2.0.0 beta 1

Re: Display abums you don't have.

Reply #1
Not displayed in your library exactly, but you can drop the Find & Play script (in Spider Monkey Panel) and it can pull a list of the (mostly) full catalogue of releases from MusicBrainz, for the selected / playing artist. *

Since it does load that information from the internet for every track change (of artist), I would probably recommend putting the panel behind a Tab (where I think it stays inactive?) or otherwise in a pop-up window, like I have -

X

Besides it has plenty of worthwhile features, creating library + "Auto DJ" playlist mixes and so forth...

* Also, together with Youtube Source, click on an album and it can assemble the tracks into a playlist, ready to play / stream directly from Youtube. (Fantastic!)

** Also, together with m-TAGS, it can save that remote album to your library. (I suppose these features work best if the artist / tracks are popular enough to have "official audio" uploads to Youtube)

Reply #2
Thanks, will have to fiddle around with that.

Reply #3
Speaking of m-tags, you could manually do that with them. i.e. m-tags are like virtual files, so you may create a virtual file for every album you want without needing the SMP plugin.

Obviously you can mix that approach with Find and Play (for playback or extra tagging). Just saying, to make it clear you don't need Find and Play to have the virtual albums. It's just an extra.

Reply #4
Speaking of m-tags, you could manually do that with them. i.e. m-tags are like virtual files, so you may create a virtual file for every album you want without needing the SMP plugin.

Obviously you can mix that approach with Find and Play (for playback or extra tagging). Just saying, to make it clear you don't need Find and Play to have the virtual albums. It's just an extra.

Thanks