Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC Tagging (Read 3466 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC Tagging

I recently aquired 3 shn files and then decompressed them to wav files. Once they were wav files, i compressed them to flac files. Now here is where my problem comes in.

Everytime I try to tag the files, the tags will not stick. I have tried Foobar and it gives me an error abuot trying to write to these files, but it looks as though the tags worked. However, when I close Foobar and reload any of these songs, the tags are gone.

So... then I tried Frontah. It assures me that the tags of these files are Vorbis, just like all my other files I have encoded. Well, I tried changing the tags with this program, and it will not change them either. It just stops and gives me a stop sign next to the file. :/

Any idea what is going on? No matter how many times I try to tag the files, nothing works. I am trying to find the files again and see if I can convert them in different ways so the tags will work.

Thanks for any help.

FLAC Tagging

Reply #1
My first guess is that the files are read-only.  Check their attributes.

FLAC Tagging

Reply #2
I haven't tried tagging in Foobar... but I do know that the Winamp2 plugin is an easy way for tagging FLAC files.  Also, the FLAC frontend can batch-tag when converting from wav > FLAC.

FLAC Tagging

Reply #3
Yep, the files were read-only. Sometimes I really feel like an idiot.    Thanks for the help.

FLAC Tagging

Reply #4
I haven't tried tagging in Foobar... but I do know that the Winamp2 plugin is an easy way for tagging FLAC files.  Also, the FLAC frontend can batch-tag when converting from wav > FLAC.

fubar2k taging ist p0war! :B