Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 135911 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #575
Maybe a component is to blame? Third parties can be responsible for showing/hiding/greying out their own menu items depending on the properties of selection. Can you try another 64bit install without components?

Thanks for the response. I will try your suggestion.
As I understand now this is not a common problem or bug in the V2 beta version, but more an individual problem on my side.

I must say I have exactly the same components installed in the 32 bits and 64 bits version, but I will remove them from the 64 bit version and see what happens.

Reply #576
Maybe a component is to blame? Third parties can be responsible for showing/hiding/greying out their own menu items depending on the properties of selection. Can you try another 64bit install without components?

Thanks for the response. I will try your suggestion.
As I understand now this is not a common problem or bug in the V2 beta version, but more an individual problem on my side.

I must say I have exactly the same components installed in the 32 bits and 64 bits version, but I will remove them from the 64 bit version and see what happens.

I removed all the components from the 64 bit version and indeed the problem is gone! Thank you. Now I am going to put them back one by one to see which one is the culprit. Thanks for your suggestion!

Reply #577
When trying to download Beta30.exe, "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml" is detected!?
I can concur. If I download the 32 bits version with Edge I always had to choose 'run anyway' because of a smartscreen warning, but now it won't download at all ('Can not download. Virus detected'). This is coming from the standard Windows Defender. No other anti virus programs installed.

On the 64 bits version the download is fine.

Reply #578
When trying to download Beta30.exe, "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml" is detected!?

Now this is a newer Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml virus compared to the  Trojan:Win32/Bearfoos.A!ml in Beta 29

What the hell is going on here? I mean sure defender can make one false alarm, but that's two different trojans in 2 setups and unless something drastic was done to the program, it is practically impossible to detect a whole new trojan, unless it's actually there...

Could the dev please take a look at the malware protection on their build PC? and maybe add MD5 checksums, Virus Total with the download links now?

I'm not downloading this version or running the newer Beta 29/30 now, I'm backing up my settings, scan them to ensure 0 malware, and downgrading the program until this situation is responded properly and solved.

2 different trojans in 2 consecutive builds with minor changes... something's off...

Please look this up dev, thank you very much

Reply #579
Thanks for the bug reports. Making a new build addressing the maximized window regression.

F2K v2.0 beta 29
Two playlist annoyances:
-it does still have those abrupt jumps to anywhere when changing something that can alter the name of the group.
-it's very slow switch from tab to tab that it has a lot of content (more than 500 items and up), and the situation gets worse the more number of items.
More details please.
Components installed?
Album covers in playlist enabled?
Columns used in playlist? Grouping pattern?
Does getting rid of grouping or covers improve?
yes, it needs to be updated. However i never had a problem with it.
edit: wrong response cause wrong thread.

1. The abrupt changes is mostly triggered when there's a lot of groups in a scroll-able playlist
X

2. For the bad performance on playlist tabs, just simply switch from one to another playlist tab in which at least one of them has more than x00 elements, but you can test it for  better proof with more than 3000 elements with or without the "cover" columns in it.
It's like some recalculations is done behind the scenes every time the tab is showed.
I had the old stable version too (v1.6.14) with the (almost) same columns and tabs with the (again almost) same number of items in it, and i hadn't those issues.
on the changelog, in the beta 20 there's a mention that it was fixed but is partial
Playlist group layout optimizations reverted (no more scrollbar jumping around stupidly), unless in the new low memory mode.
and
Fixed playlist layout glitch causing unwanted scrolling during certain events. on beta 27
that's a partial solution, i understand, it's a beta yet.
For people that use this program, have you seen this bug?

Regards.

Reply #580
I got the Beta installer removed from Microsoft Defender's malware definitions!

Here's their response:

User Opinion: Incorrect detection

Analyst comments:

At this time, the submitted files do not meet our criteria for malware or potentially unwanted applications. The detection has been removed. Please follow the steps below to clear cached detections and obtain the latest malware definitions.

1. Open command prompt as administrator and change directory to c:\Program Files\Windows Defender
2. Run “MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures”
3. Run "MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate"

Alternatively, the latest definition is available for download here: https://docs.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/security/defender-endpoint/manage-updates-baselines-microsoft-defender-antivirus

Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

;)

Reply #581
After updating the malware definitions for Defender, no Trojan is detected anymore!

Reply #582
Beta 29 always starts not in fullscreen mode. No such problem with beta 28. Windows 7 32 bit.Fixed in beta 30.

Reply #584
File Integrity Verifier 1.4.2 and integrted version in foobar 2.0 has a bug:
When using "Verify album with acurate rip" shows that disc is not acurate if the whole disc or some of the tracks are HDCD and foo_hdcd.dll is installed
If i remove foo_hdcd.dll, then "Verify album with acurate rip" shows that disc is acurate.
The same problem is when CD is tagged as Pre-emphasis and foo_deemph.dll 0.1.1 is installed, "Verify album with acurate rip" shows that disc is not acurate

So i think File Integrity Verifier must ignore all postprocessing decoders, like foo_hdcd.dll, foo_deemph.dll and others

@Peter, why there is no option in foobar to temporary disable installed postprocessors, like the checkbox options in 'Playback > Decoding' menu?

Reply #585
Version 2, Beta 30 x64

Bug in Converter, showing the output preferences for FLAC/PCM whenever using a lossy encoder.

Image attached from Converter dialog, showing "Output 24 bit" but the output is AAC. I checked my preset settings too, they're normal.

Reply #586
File Integrity Verifier 1.4.2 and integrted version in foobar 2.0 has a bug:
When using "Verify album with acurate rip" shows that disc is not acurate if the whole disc or some of the tracks are HDCD and foo_hdcd.dll is installed
If i remove foo_hdcd.dll, then "Verify album with acurate rip" shows that disc is acurate.
The same problem is when CD is tagged as Pre-emphasis and foo_deemph.dll 0.1.1 is installed, "Verify album with acurate rip" shows that disc is not acurate

So i think File Integrity Verifier must ignore all postprocessing decoders, like foo_hdcd.dll, foo_deemph.dll and others

@Peter, why there is no option in foobar to temporary disable installed postprocessors, like the checkbox options in 'Playback > Decoding' menu?
Bug acknowledged and fixed for the next update, normal Verifier suppresses postprocessing, I forgot to do this for AccurateRip checking.
I don't think a global switch for it is feasible, it's something negotiated between decoders and frontends.
Though individual postprocessing components could implement their own switches.
Version 2, Beta 30 x64

Bug in Converter, showing the output preferences for FLAC/PCM whenever using a lossy encoder.

Image attached from Converter dialog, showing "Output 24 bit" but the output is AAC. I checked my preset settings too, they're normal.
Acknowledged, thanks for reporting.
Here's a bug with the File operations dialog in dark mode. Switching between Rename and Move turns one of the checkbox labels black.
Acknowledged, thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #587
Clickable rating stars: NOT CLICKEABLE and not appearing by default in default user interface.

Reply #588
In beta 30 (32-bit) the maximized state of the picture viewer window is not saved.

Reply #589

I don't think a global switch for it is feasible, it's something negotiated between decoders and frontends.
Though individual postprocessing components could implement their own switches.

Some discs play incorrect with HDCD decoder, some with De-emphasis. And to check it or playback without errors i have to completely uninstall this foobar components. And then install them again for normal discs. It's unconvinient.

1. I will suggest to add checkboxes in 'Preferences: Installed components' menu to enable or disable any component without uninstalling.
2. Or add a checkboxes in 'Preferences: Playback > Postprocessors' menu with all installed postprocessors in it.

Reply #590
DUI statusbar highlight glitch: >>>%tag%<<< at the end of the statusbar syntax causes "total duration of selected tracks" and  "count of selected tracks" to be highlighted. Adding a space after >>>%tag%<<< prevents this glitch.

Reply #591
Any chance of taking another look at the Playback Statistics issue of tag writes interrupting playback? IIRC changes were made in the first 2.0 beta so that tag writes didn't apply until track stop or change (perfect), but AFAIK they were rolled back when the component was separated out again. Possibly an oversight?

(sorry if this is in the wrong place, there isn't a Playback Statistics thread listed on the component repository.)

Reply #592
Foobar2k 2.0 beta 30 x64, it prints a few lines in the console while scanning my media library, like:
Code: [Select]
Invalid cuesheet - index outside allowed range
Multiple ID3v2 tags encountered
How do I find the problem .cue or .flac file so that I could correct it?

Reply #593
File integrity verifier: Verbose Accurate rip output option does not work, no changes with on/off checkbox in Advanced options.
Foobar v1.6.16 the same issue

Reply #594
Hi,

little glitch in TABS - the left/right buttons in dark mode are light :-)

fooBar v2.0 - bitrate AC3/DTS embedded in MKV bug

Reply #595
Hi,

fooBar 2.0 beta (until and including) 31 x86 %bitrate% show overall bitrate for MKV instead of the bitrate for the playing audiostream.
fooBar 1,6.16 %bitrate% shows the correct audiostream bitrate.

Is there some other tag for audiostream bitrate in 2.0 beta that I am unaware of?

Reply #596
Foobar V2.0 all betas for X32 are playing back 192K bitrate garbled however X64 are playing correctly.

Reply #597
I would like, if possible, that the "Batch attach pictures" option of the Masstagger component in dark mode is not blank.

Reply #598
Hi, I'm receiving the following error message after the clean installation of v2.0 beta 31 64bit Win 10:

Since then the same error happens also for version 27 - 30. I think there might be an issue in the registry now.

Reply #599
Foobar V2.0 all betas for X32 are playing back 192K bitrate garbled however X64 are playing correctly.

I had the same experience that in the middle of some songs I had just noise. Songs work fine in 1.6.16.
I converted the container (Monkey's audio) to Flac. Resulting flac play fine on fb2k beta 31 x86.
I installed Monkey's audio component 10.07 to fb2k x86 and now also the original Monkey's audio files play fine.

Seems as if the internal fb2k beta 31 x86 Monkey's audio component is the culprit.