Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sorting issue. (Read 830 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorting issue.

For years I'm using Foobar Mobile (1.3.1 724). Due to space limitations I transcode to MP3 using a playlist.
As my sister gifted me a 1 TB micro SD, no need for transcoding anymore so I simply sync all my FLAC's to the SD.

Much to my chagrin, a lot of albums are sorted wrong like 1,2,3,8,9,10,4,5,6,7.
Sorting an Album is a matter of sorting by disc / track and indeed the albums having this problem have tracks where the  DISCNUMBER tag is not in the meta data and other tracks have   DISCNUMBER = 0.
This is indeed how the tracks are sorted. First all the tracks with no DISCNUMBER tag then all the tracks where DISCNUMBER = 0

Obvious a inconsistency in my tags but I have these albums for years and never noticed this problem.
On Windows they sort correct
On Android I never have seen this problem using Foobar / MP3
On Android other players like BubbleUPnp or Onkyo HF player sort correctly.

It looks like this behavior although consistent is specific to Foobar / FLAC.
I would appreciate if Foobar treats missing DISCNUMBER and   DISCNUMBER = 0 as being the same.

TheWellTemperedComputer.com

Re: Sorting issue.

Reply #1
There should not be a condition for DISCNUMBER to be 0, as there is no such thing. In general this should be 1 or greater, or cleared. Either way, if your tags are not consistent, you can’t expect the player to behave differently. This should be an easy fix using any tag editor from a PC. Simply filter for all files with DISCNUMBER=0 and delete that field for all files.

The condition is likely handled differently between mp3 files using ID3 tags, and FLAC files with Vorbis tags.

Re: Sorting issue.

Reply #2
Obvious Foobar is very strict, unlike e.g. JRiver, MUsicbee, Onkyo HF , they simply treat 0 and NULL as being the same.
Anyway, corrected 9000 tracks so now I'm waiting Foobar to index them, will probably take hours (first scan took 26 hours...)
TheWellTemperedComputer.com