Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Unhandled exception at ASPI32.4152 -> ASSIGN-RANGE (Read 30830 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: EAC Unhandled exception at ASPI32.4152 -> ASSIGN-RANGE

Reply #75
Look, when you are getting something right - why do you refuse following up on it?

The release is not 2-disc album, so I'm not splitting it into two CDs.
You do not want to make 2 CDs out of something that was never a 2CD album. Fine. But then:
You shouldn't try to make 1 CD out of something that was never a 1CD album and could never have been and can never be a 1CD album.

To rip it utilizing my workflow.

If you insist on making CDs - with all the issues that incur - then what is so much worse about making a "CD release that could even have existed"? Heck, contact the artist on Bandcamp and offer $$s for a CDDA edition - if they supply it, you will get a 2CD (or more), and the track lenghts will be marginally different.

There is no distinction on bandcamp to Disc 1 and 2, I don't think Bandcamp even supports this, other than in manual description, spotify does, but it's not on spotify, hence all tracks are as one component of the release.

Once again, my question wasn't "what am I supposed to do", but "how to circumvent the error
... no, that is what you need to understand: you circumvent the error by learning not to do that error.

Taking a different route won't make the obstacle disappear from the current route. And I'm not going to be convinced to alter my workflow.

Who said anything about FLAC files? I never use flac files.
Bandcamp said something about FLAC files when you were offered download options.
Why did you select WAVE then? CDs don't contain WAVE files.

Because it's uncompressed, because this is how I store an archive copy of the Bandcamp zip, because this is the format I then use as source for cassette recording, if I'm making a recording on cassette of specific album. CDs don't contain flac either. WAV is LPCM, CDs are LPCM, so WAV will retan all samples from CD. In short, because I preffer it over flac and it's easier to work with when given a choice. When the source is already a compressed lossless, like flac, ape, wv, etc, it will still mount as virtual disc and rip, so this point is irrelevant to the inquiry.  I could be using 128kbps mp3 as source and follow the same workflow and it would still mount and software would still rip, that's not the point.

Reply #76
Look, when you are getting something right - why do you refuse following up on it?

You do not want to make 2 CDs out of something that was never a 2CD album. Fine. But then:
You shouldn't try to make 1 CD out of something that was never a 1CD album and could never have been and can never be a 1CD album.

You are not ripping it. Stop pretending that you ever did.

What you have done, is to prepare a table-of-contents that would have been appropriate for mastering a CD image from files and then burning it - had it been possible to fit into the CD standard (which it isn't, just like a too large file does not fit a floppy disk ... actually for more reasons in addition).
Even if you had files that did originate from a CD, the "image" you are viewing would not be a CD. It would be the audio and track boundaries of what it would have burned to a CD - and in this case it isn't.

If you want to pretend these files originated from a physical disc, then ... DVD.

If you insist on making CDs - with all the issues that incur - then what is so much worse about making a "CD release that could even have existed"? Heck, contact the artist on Bandcamp and offer $$s for a CDDA edition - if they supply it, you will get a 2CD (or more), and the track lenghts will be marginally different.

There is no distinction on bandcamp to Disc 1 and 2
So why are you insisting that they are all in CD1 when that is obviously false? Stop doing that. They are not. Never have been.
There is however a way to distinguish out "is surely not CD" and "is surely not a single CD".

Once again, my question wasn't "what am I supposed to do", but "how to circumvent the error
... no, that is what you need to understand: you circumvent the error by learning not to do that error.

Taking a different route won't make the obstacle disappear
The error is on you. The "obstacle" is pretty much like (well even worse than) trying to fit too much data onto a 3.5" floppy ... well the obstacle is the idea that you can. Get rid of that obstacle first.

Reply #77
Some of you guys have the patience of a Saint.

Reply #78

You are not ripping it. Stop pretending that you ever did.

Call the process however you want. EAC rips discs, same applies to virtually mounted CD images, just like DVDae will rip audio from cirtually mounted DVD/BD image files.

What you have done, is to prepare a table-of-contents that would have been appropriate for mastering a CD image from files and then burning it - had it been possible to fit into the CD standard (which it isn't, just like a too large file does not fit a floppy disk ... actually for more reasons in addition).
Even if you had files that did originate from a CD, the "image" you are viewing would not be a CD. It would be the audio and track boundaries of what it would have burned to a CD - and in this case it isn't.

If you want to pretend these files originated from a physical disc, then ... DVD.

I know how my workflow looks. Congratulations, you just reinvented the definition of a cue file, that's not the point and is completely irrelevant to my inquiry.

If the method to modify EAC, or CueTools will not be found, I will make a DVD-Audio from source files, no problem there.

There is no distinction on bandcamp to Disc 1 and 2
So why are you insisting that they are all in CD1 when that is obviously false? Stop doing that. They are not. Never have been.
There is however a way to distinguish out "is surely not CD" and "is surely not a single CD".

They are not divided into components, hence they are 1-component release, just like 1CD, 1DVD, 1BD, 1VHS releases. You think that when I have multi format multicomponent releases, like Metallica's Super Deluxe Edition box-set I would umber them differently? like Kill Em All DVD 1, Kill Em All CD 1, etc? No, they are all Kill Em All Disc X for all formats, especially that Master of Puppets contains a cassette.

Taking a different route won't make the obstacle disappear
The error is on you. The "obstacle" is pretty much like (well even worse than) trying to fit too much data onto a 3.5" floppy ... well the obstacle is the idea that you can. Get rid of that obstacle first.
I didn't program the limitations. The analogy is flawed, as virtual disc can fit without any limitations and as mentioned previously earlier versions of CueTools processed it flawlessly, EZ CD Audio Converter and dbpoweramp too, they lack however the functionalities that are required. The idea that I can comes from past experiences, where it was doable, hence the obstacle is within the software so that it blocks operation after certain point.

I'm not interested in anyone suggesting I change the workflow, or compromise on the methods, the inquiry is about circumventing the error while maintaining the workflow entirely, whether anyone agrees with my workflo, or not, regardless of anyone's opinion about my sanity as well.

Reply #79
I didn't program the limitations.

To answer your first post. There is nothing wrong with EAC. The fault EAC generates is because you are not using to EAC for its intended purpose.
There is no "cap" ,as you call it , or any other limitation to remove or overcome in EAC.
Your "workflow" is the limiting factor in this case.

Reply #80
And I'm not going to be convinced to alter my workflow.
But you already did alter your workflow in order to rip audio from DVDs. Why can't you do that again? One workflow for CDs, one workflow for DVDs, and one workflow for random files downloaded from the internet.

Reply #81
I'm not interested in anyone suggesting I change the workflow, or compromise on the methods, the inquiry is about circumventing the error while maintaining the workflow entirely, whether anyone agrees with my workflo, or not, regardless of anyone's opinion about my sanity as well.

Well, either you will change your workflow by utilizing other software, or you will learn programming and change CueTools for your own needs, program entirely new software, or pay someone else to do it - in any case, choice is there, so start acting on it.
That's all there is, really. You are going against the standards, so you have to use nonstandard means to achieve your goal.
TAPE LOADING ERROR

Reply #82
And I'm not going to be convinced to alter my workflow.
But you already did alter your workflow in order to rip audio from DVDs. Why can't you do that again? One workflow for CDs, one workflow for DVDs, and one workflow for random files downloaded from the internet.

I never altered my workflow for the DVDs and BDs, just as I didn't for VHS tapes. I did alter the workflow for albums longer than 99 minutes, here comes CueTools as a temporary replacement.

Well, either you will change your workflow by utilizing other software, or you will learn programming and change CueTools for your own needs, program entirely new software, or pay someone else to do it - in any case, choice is there, so start acting on it.
That's all there is, really. You are going against the standards, so you have to use nonstandard means to achieve your goal.

Since noone was able to procure a solution. For now I'm testing earlier versions of CueTools, as on their website there was a like to one of the creator's website, where last version they worked with was available, the 1.9.1 and it did process my Cue file.

Reply #83
I never altered my workflow for the DVDs and BDs, just as I didn't for VHS tapes.
Who said anything about altering your workflows? I said you need a different workflow. You don't use your CD workflow for DVDs because DVDs are not CDs. So why do you insist on using your CD workflow for files downloaded from the internet when files downloaded from the internet are not CDs?

Reply #84
Well there is some software that can make them look like they were a CD. And being entitled to "Call the process however you want" ... then it is called a CD and reading the files is called ripping a CD. And thus CD rippers that disagree, are in "error".

Right?

Reply #85
I never altered my workflow for the DVDs and BDs, just as I didn't for VHS tapes.
Who said anything about altering your workflows? I said you need a different workflow. You don't use your CD workflow for DVDs because DVDs are not CDs. So why do you insist on using your CD workflow for files downloaded from the internet when files downloaded from the internet are not CDs?

Because both image+cue and tracks+cue (only red-book compliant cues, which means with correctly ripped pregaps) can be done like physical CDs, so for loose tracks source there is only a cue required and they can follow the same workflow.
But your standpoint does indeed make me reavaluate the way I handle 48kHz sources. It might be more beneficial to treat them like DVDs and preserve the sample rate, than resampling to process like CD and CD-like sources.

Reply #86
Because both image+cue and tracks+cue (only red-book compliant cues, which means with correctly ripped pregaps) can be done like physical CDs, so for loose tracks source there is only a cue required and they can follow the same workflow.
Isn't that a new workflow? Convert loose files into image+cue?

Couldn't you have a workflow to convert loose files directly into your destination format? Then you won't have to worry about Red Book compliance anymore.

The whole reason your CD workflow doesn't work here is because your cue is not Red Book compliant: Red Book does not allow a CD to be longer than 100 minutes.

Reply #87
Isn't that a new workflow? Convert loose files into image+cue?

Couldn't you have a workflow to convert loose files directly into your destination format? Then you won't have to worry about Red Book compliance anymore.

The whole reason your CD workflow doesn't work here is because your cue is not Red Book compliant: Red Book does not allow a CD to be longer than 100 minutes.

An adaptation of an already existing one. Conversion to image+cue only takes place when the source files aren't alread 16/44,1, in which case a they are directly loaded up with a cue file for processing.
No.
CueTools has no problem with cues longer than 100 minutes, apparently up to a point though and only in recent versions.

Reply #89
No.
Why not?

CueTools has no problem with cues longer than 100 minutes, apparently up to a point though and only in recent versions.
Good for you. But the reason those longer cues fail is still because they're not Red Book compliant.

Because the one for CD/CD-image works just fine within 99 minutes in EAC.
I'm aware they are not red book compliant, if I had more than 99 tracks, but below 99 minutes, I would use subindices of TRACK 99 and yet other programs are able to push it over that limit.

Reply #90
But it doesn't work when the tracks total to more than 99 minutes. If you come up with a workflow to convert tracks in any format to your target format, then you can rip tracks from CDs, rip tracks from DVDs, and download tracks from the internet and use one workflow to convert tracks from all three sources to your target format.

I'm aware they are not red book compliant, if I had more than 99 tracks, but below 99 minutes, I would use subindices of TRACK 99 and yet other programs are able to push it over that limit.
If you stop using tools that expect Red Book compliance, you don't have to deal with these limits.

Reply #91
But it doesn't work when the tracks total to more than 99 minutes. If you come up with a workflow to convert tracks in any format to your target format, then you can rip tracks from CDs, rip tracks from DVDs, and download tracks from the internet and use one workflow to convert tracks from all three sources to your target format.

If you stop using tools that expect Red Book compliance, you don't have to deal with these limits.

If there is a program with EAC functionality that also does DVDs and BDs, outputs log, has functionality to compare those against databases, that would be ideal.

As I mentioned, CueTools does handle longer cues, previous versions didn't even have the cap the current version has, which is why I'm investigating earlier versions to check if there is a version that can pull it off and still have the functionalities I need.

Reply #92
If there is a program with EAC functionality that also does DVDs and BDs, outputs log, has functionality to compare those against databases, that would be ideal.
But outputting logs and comparing against databases is only necessary for CD audio. DVDs and BDs have sufficient error detection/correction built in that all rips are guaranteed to be accurate. If you're concerned about file corruption after you rip the audio, calculate and store checksums (or use a format with built-in checksums such as FLAC or WavPack).

Reply #93
But outputting logs and comparing against databases is only necessary for CD audio. DVDs and BDs have sufficient error detection/correction built in that all rips are guaranteed to be accurate. If you're concerned about file corruption after you rip the audio, calculate and store checksums (or use a format with built-in checksums such as FLAC or WavPack).

Theoretically CD format also have some form of error correction.

Reply #94

It was usable only when playing CDs in CD players, and not at all when ripping audio. There was only one CD drive, made by Yamaha (or Pioneer?), which would utilize that method of reading if ripping would fail, and I really don't know how it fared. Noone is talking about it, so I guess "too little, too late" from them.
TAPE LOADING ERROR

Reply #95
It does. The problem is what happens when an error is big enough that the error correction can't fix it: some CD drives will fill in the missing audio with guesses instead of reporting the error. This problem is specific to audio CDs; it can't happen with DVDs, BDs, or most data CDs.

Reply #96
It does. The problem is what happens when an error is big enough that the error correction can't fix it: some CD drives will fill in the missing audio with guesses instead of reporting the error. This problem is specific to audio CDs; it can't happen with DVDs, BDs, or most data CDs.

Logical. But still EAC doesn't support DVDs/BDs, so I use different program.

Reply #97
Exactly. That's the same reason why you need a different program for files downloaded from the internet.

Reply #98
Exactly. That's the same reason why you need a different program for files downloaded from the internet.

Maybe, but so far if they were 16/44,1 it was enough to generate a cuefile for them and mount it and EAC would work with it.

Reply #99
Except when it doesn't.

And even when it does work, it modifies the audio to meet the limitations of the Red Book standard.