Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Songs starts delayed at wasapi exclusive mode (Read 1197 times) previous topic - next topic

Songs starts delayed at wasapi exclusive mode

Hi, i'm using foobar2000 to listen my lossless audio files but i encountered an issue. When playback option set at wasapi exclusive mode (default exclusive mode that came with new version of foobar2000), audio files start with about  1 second delay. This only happens when different  sample rate content played. For example, if i play 44.1KHz files all the time, this issue does not persist but if i switch to say 48KHz file while playing 44.1KHz file, there is about 1 second of delay added to audio file to start (to get sound). Can you help me please?

Re: Songs starts delayed at wasapi exclusive mode

Reply #1
Sometimes DACs can have a delay when the sample rate changes.

What is your output chain?

e.g.

Foobar2000 > USB > Fostex HP-A8 DAC > RCA > Topping PA-3s > Speakers.

Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
Have you tried another player like Musicbee to see if you have the same problem?

Reply #4
This issue occurs on MusicBee as well.

Reply #5
Sounds like it could be a quirk of the USB dongle. If it's really annoying maybe use a resampler to keep all your music at the same sample rate.

Reply #6
Can i use resampler at WASAPI Exclusive mode without any distortion? If so how can i enable resampler at WASAPI Exclusive?

Reply #7
Try it with a resampler and see how you go.

File > Preferences > Playback > DSP manager.

Reply #8
Which resampler should i use, RetroArch or dBpoweramp?

Reply #9
Give the RetroArch one a try at the highest setting.

Reply #10
I did try both of them at highest possible setting and honestly i felt like sound quality degraded. It might be placebo but i will stick with no resampler. It's still saddening to not achieve a real solution to it. Thanks for help still.