Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My Configuration For 512DSD on-the-fly output (Read 1370 times) previous topic - next topic

My Configuration For 512DSD on-the-fly output

To anyone who may want to try foobar2000, configured for 512DSD output to a DAC which can process 512DSD input, the way I have it configured on my laptop: you will need  Notepad++ app and you will need to change all the files contained in the foobar2000 folder (which is extracted from the foobar2000.zip file which can be downloaded from my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JVFkZKfv4gBJjEfWWzVx48Lq0y7icDiu/view?usp=sharing) which have Micheal Porter to whoever the User is by replacing Micheal Porter with the user's name. This is done with Notepad++ by opening the app and then pressing the Shift + Ctrl + F keys simultaneously. Then enter Micheal Porter in the 'Find what' field and enter the user's (whoever is the User found using file explorer at [Local Disk (C) > Users >] on the computer/laptop being used) name in the 'Replace with field', click on 'Find All' and after finding is complete, click on 'Replace All Files'. You should now have the complete configuration folder which can replace the one you currently have for foobar2000. Before you can do this, you need to go to file explorer, click on the 'View' tab at the top, then click on the 'Show/hide' tab and check the 'Hidden items' box. Then, using file explorer, go to [Local Disk (C) > Users > *user's name* > AppData > Roaming > foobar2000] and copy that entire foobar2000 folder to another location to be saved for later replacement back to its original location. Then replace the foobar2000 folder at the Roaming location with the modified foobar2000 folder. You should now have foobar2000 configured exactly as I have it configured on my laptop. Feel free to share this with anyone you choose.  
♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Re: My Configuration For 512DSD on-the-fly output

Reply #1
thx !!!

Reply #2
There is one caveat I should let everyone know about: for some reason 128DSD files are being generated for reasons unknown when using this setup on my laptop: they show up in my Sound check folder located in my Documents directory and will overtake available drive space if not purged occasionally: approx. 21gb of drive space per hour will be used when playing files, YT videos, and CDs with this configuration. So if you find that this is occurring to you as well in some folder (maybe do a search for DSD on Local Disk (C) and see if any unknown instances of DSD files show up) , take the amount of free space you have on Local Drive (C) when there are no generated instances of unknown DSD files present in the folder found by doing the search and divide by 21 to get the approx. amount of foobar2000 playing time you will have before your drive space is used up and a purge is needed of the DSD files generated in the 'unknown instances' folder. If you are not experiencing this generation of DSD files, please let me know as I can rule out anything in my foobar2000 folder located in my Roaming directory as being the culprit on my laptop for these file-generation occurrences, thx.
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ

Reply #3
My original post here is not valid, do not use any information contained in the original post: DOES NOT WORK!!
  ꂵ꒐ꏳꁝꁲꑀ꒒ ꉣꊿꌅꋖꑀꌅ