Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Browsing Problems in HA.org (Read 5051 times) previous topic - next topic

Browsing Problems in HA.org

Mozilla 1.4 is my default browser. I just got back from vacations, and found that I can only browse through Hydrogenaudio using Internet Explorer.
Also, I've noticed the links structure changed.
If i'm not mistaken, this new structure involves some kind of redirect, which i believe is a file called "show.php".
This might be the cause of these kind of hangs.

And btw, Internet Explorer browsing isn't perfect too. It keeps alerting me for "A Runtime error has ocurred. Do you wish to debug?", or something like this.

My IE version is 6 with the latest microsoft patches. I'm on XP.

P.S.: Where's the flag/location field? I miss it since the forum software update...

Reply #2
Hmm... I am using Mozilla 1.4 all the time and the forum works great for me. Same thing with IE and Opera 7.

My HD was formatted 2 days ago (because of the Welch a.k.a. Blaster worm) and my OS freshly installed. I'm sure i'm not the only one with this problem.

The error IE outputs is:

"A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?

Line: 372
Error: Syntax error."

Mozilla can only follow links like "http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?blahblah".

Links like "http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/show.php/showtopic/blahblah" lead to an infinite loading time

Reply #3
Mozilla 1.4 and Firebird 0.6.1 work fine with me.
Sorry, I have nothing witty to say here.

Reply #4
After disabling script debugging in Internet Explorer advanced options i can now browse without being warned in every load.

Mozilla still doesn't follow links.

Edit: I'm also having some troubles posting.

Reply #5
After disabling script debugging in Internet Explorer advanced options i can now browse without being warned in every load.

Mozilla still doesn't follow links.

Edit: I'm also having some troubles posting.

I enabled "script debugging" and "display notification of every script error" and got no errors. Everything works ok here..
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #6
no problems here with firebird that uses the same rendering engine.

Reply #7
Using Opera 6.05 (mom's old PC), and no problem here either.

Reply #8
Add another voice to the chorus; Mozilla 1.4 works perfectly for me.

Edit:  Oh, and the Welchia and MSBlaster worms are not the same. 

Reply #9
Mozilla 1.4 works fine here. No problems with this site or any others =) .
A secure audio ripper for linux: code.google.com/p/rubyripper

Reply #10
The problem is Mozilla works flawlessly in every other sites, exept in HA. My mozilla history has more than 100 items, and all the sites were perfectly loaded and displayed.
Mozilla only loads the portal and regular links. All the links with the file "show.php" in it are not loaded.

I hope someone here have the some problem, i would hate to discover later that the Welchia.Worm is still present on my machine and has something to do with this...

Reply #11
I can't really imagine what would be the problem here.  As far as I know, there's no real fundamental issue that would prevent Firebird, Mozilla, or IE from working just fine.  HA has worked fine on many different pc's that I've tried from using those browsers.  Opera should work OK too with the possible exception of Opera 6 which has some issues with broken redirect handling (not exclusive to HA).

Edit:  Mozilla should handle the redirects created by show.php just fine on a fundamental level (they do here and everywhere else I've tried).  The only thing I can think is that maybe you have some sort of 3rd party software installed that is interferring with this.

Maybe some sort of personal firewall or antivirus program that likes to modify your browser stuff?

Reply #12
I suggest making a copy of your profile and then create a new one. Usually when Mozilla acts funny on some sites for someone yet works fine for everyone else this is the reason. That could solve the problem.
iTunes 10 - Mac OS X 10.6
256kbps AAC VBR
iPhone 4 32GB