Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Discussion of JohnV's leaving (Read 3252 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion of JohnV's leaving

First, I want to mention that I am sorry that JohnV will be quitting. His posts have almost always been informative, and to me, there's a warm fuzzy feeling™ when you have a moderator or administrator answering your question, because you know that they have a lot of experience fielding many many questions.

Second, I was puzzled as to why his thread was closed and locked, but I'd like to open this thread so that other members can come in and say their thanks for JohnV for his tireless efforts

Third, Dibrom had complained in another thread that he is now the only admin left, and that he's too busy as IS to work on his to do list and field all the complaints/suggestions by them. I wonder, then, if it wouldn't be too inappropriate to suggest other users who have shown themselves to be well-behaved and insightful. Those users might be worthwhile to become moderators. Unfortunately, I can't think of any who aren't already developers (do developers have moderator status?).

Reply #1
Second, I was puzzled as to why his thread was closed and locked, but I'd like to open this thread so that other members can come in and say their thanks for JohnV for his tireless efforts

Yeah, thanks thanks, but I wanted to close it in order to avoid a "goodbye buhuhuu" thread, like CiTay expressed it. 
Anyway, although I'm reducing my time here, as I said, I'm not leaving the community.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #2
Or maybe moving a good mod or two up to admin status might make things easier on Dibrom.  Pio, Roberto or Garf are excellent mods, maybe he could make one or two of them an admin?  I feel that mentioning this is probably a moot point, however, I'm sure that Dibrom himself knows better what mods would make good admins.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame

Reply #3
Pio, Roberto or Garf are excellent mods

Well, thanks, but it's been nearly an year since I left moderatorship :B

Reply #4
Thank you John.

Reply #5
Well, thanks, but it's been nearly an year since I left moderatorship :B

Oh wow.  I didn't notice.  I used to just read these forums before I joined, I never noticed that your moderator title was missing.
gentoo ~amd64 + layman | ncmpcpp/mpd | wavpack + vorbis + lame