Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Subdirectories based on Tags (Read 952 times) previous topic - next topic

Subdirectories based on Tags

I just started to use Foobar2000. I normally use directories (..\artist\album\..) for sorting my playlist. With FB2000 I have to write artist and album manually into the setup, thus tried to create subdirectories with variables like \%artist%\%album%\  automatically, but it does not work. Any suggestions/hints??

Re: Subdirectories based on Tags

Reply #1
Select the files you want to organize, right click, file operation (move, copy or rename) and you can use variables to create your folder structure. you can even save them and they will be in this menu for future uses.

Re: Subdirectories based on Tags

Reply #2
create subdirectories with variables like \%artist%\%album%\ 
This should work, so you'll need to tell us more about what you are trying to do.