Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Do you want a dark theme for foobar2000 ?

Yes
[ 54 ] (78.3%)
No
[ 15 ] (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Topic: Request: Dark theme -- yeah, I know, AGAIN. (Read 24434 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Request: Dark theme -- yeah, I know, AGAIN.

Reply #50
You change the panel colours by using the View menu>Layout>Quick setup and browsing through the Color schemes. Or you can customise them manually under Preferences>Display>Default UI>Colors and fonts.

All the grumbling in this thread is about the window frames/menus/tabs/scrollbars etc which are mostly grey/white depending on windows theme.

Reply #51
dark theme is cool, but not friendly to eyes. however if you really want dark theme, then why not try already made dark theme packages like `CaTRoX` or something similar?

i would prefer that foobar2000 keep DUI simple and easy to use. If i want dark theme then i may introduce wsh panel mod and port catrox or some other theme to DUI.

or fb dev grp just make another ui component and keep DUI as it is.
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Reply #52
dark theme is cool, but not friendly to eyes. however if you really want dark theme, then why not try already made dark theme packages like `CaTRoX` or something similar?

i would prefer that foobar2000 keep DUI simple and easy to use. If i want dark theme then i may introduce wsh panel mod and port catrox or some other theme to DUI.

If you don't want to change the color, just don't touch it.

I don't see how adding a global color customization makes more complex at all the UI, DUI or CUI. Having a third UI just for an extra option which should have been from the start makes even less sense.

Reply #53

If you don't want to change the color, just don't touch it.

I don't see how adding a global color customization makes more complex at all the UI, DUI or CUI. Having a third UI just for an extra option which should have been from the start makes even less sense.

if you agree it's easy or simple or something else then you just make it and that will be good.
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Reply #54
Just to make Windows-only users envious: this is a DUI layout on Linux KDE (default Breeze Dark theme) with classic (Win95) application theme that is made dark by registry settings. fb2k Highlight color is set to blue, selection color to green.

X

Reply #55
A dark theme would be nice to help me complete my almost-perfect (for me) layout (Columns UI). I want it to look exactly like this except with darker (or maybe orange?) panel borders, and darker controls at the top. Changing to an already-dark theme or trying to just hide the grey parts would throw away all of the customization I've made over the years. Right now, foobar2000 functions perfectly for me except for the color of the grey parts.

I have no coding abilities beyond simple title script formatting, and I'm not able to learn any time soon.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #56
Thinking about it, I suppose I personally don't particularly care about a dark theme. I want to be able to override the interface colors to something I choose. Just my thoughts on it. I'm pretty happy as-is.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #59
It's already happening. See screenshot here:

https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,58574.msg1013297.html#msg1013297

A beta version will be available soon,

oh thank god, that would be perfect. I like tweaking the simple, old, clunky windows design to get it to do what I want and am averse to some bloated skin to have to fix it, or uxtheme stuff since otherwise win10 is so good about dark theming.

Thanks for working on this
>Will be in next FB2K major version.

finally, will probably spend another decade in this environment for desktop stuff. If it works ;>