Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist-Manager-SMP (Read 51084 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Playlist-Manager-SMP

Reply #175
1. (?) There are 2 playlist manager panels (one with 4 playlists). One with black background, one with white background. The playlist tabs is the usual DUI or CUI playlist tabs panel. I can edit the footnote to "both playlist managers panels have playlist not loaded...", but I thought it was clear enough I was just talking about one of them.

2. Use the right menu to find playlists which contain selected tracks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alternatively, is it possible to search within a playlist, so I can find the track I want to remove without re-sorting the playlist?
Then to search within a playlis, load it and use one of the CUI or DUI tools, that's outside the scope of the manager if you think about it. There is no need to add additional layers of complexity when you have tons of tools to look for tracks on loaded playlists. There are multiple tools out there to search within playlists. In CUI there is a 'Playlist search'. I suppose default UI is the same.
Once you select the track on the popup window, it's selected on the playlist too. After removing the track, just save again the playlist. Done.
None of my efforts (involving unlocking then relocking the playlist) have managed to achieve that. Is it possible?
As you see, your method was overly complicated. There is no need at all to do sorting and undo.

Anyway in the case you ever need to 'compare 2 playlists' and make intersections, unions or differences of them... Playlist Tools (one of my other scripts) is the tool -pun intended- you need. In this case you could intersect the playlists without 1 track against the original one, giving as result the original sorting with the track not being in both removed. But all this is just for your info, there is no need at all for the things you wanna do.

Reply #176
Re: 2.

Wow. It's totally built in. Ctrl+F brigs up Playlist Search, as you show in your gif. Thanks. And also, ReFacets has a filter to change from Library to Filters.

I thought it might be a feature of your Playlist Manager but now I totally see why it's not. You're adding needed (and more) stuff that's missing from Foobar2000.

Reply #177
1. (?) There are 2 playlist manager panels (one with 4 playlists). One with black background, one with white background. The playlist tabs is the usual DUI or CUI playlist tabs panel.
Sorry, I'm not getting this at all.

What is "playlist tabs"?

What's the difference between the two panels (apart from their colour)?

I just don't know what I'm looking at at all. I only have this one

Which one is that? What do you call it?

Reply #178
Ehm... I think you are a bit lost XD you are asking me things from the native Foobar UI, playlist tabs have nothing to do with the playlist manager. Is a default UI panel or Columns UI panel.

Why would you have 2 panels if you only add one? XD You can add as many panels as you want, that's your decision. That's a pretty standard Spider Monkey feature. You can add multiple SMP panels to your layout and load there whatever you want.
You are expecting to see things in your installation exactly like the pdf which makes no sense. The PDF show possible examples, not necessarily your actual installation. You can add 40 playlist managers if you want, but you can not expect to have 40 panels just because you installed one in one panel.

Reply #179
I'm really not expecting anything. XD
'
I just didn't know what I was looking at.
'
I thought your image was comparing the two panels (light and dark). But it's comparing the 4 playlists at the top with the light panel. I didn't realise that they were playlists in the tabs at the top, lol. I thought the arrow was pointing at something called External, which I didn't understand. I'm not criticising your help documents at all. They're amazing and it's so generous of you. I'm just describing what I experienced. It's very hard reading manuals when you don't have the basic understanding that you probably, unavoidably, take for granted. Although this was particularly dim of me because I now see that there's the famous Library Viewer Selection and even a New Playlist. I just got confused by the plethora of tabs like Panel Stack Splitter etc. Sorry!

Thanks so much. I've finally got what I'm looking at. And I'm really grateful for you putting up with me and sparing me your time.

One thing: I still don't know what that panel on the left is (the dark one)? It's titled "Playlists: _" while the other one (the one I have) is titled "Playlists: playlist_manager".

Reply #180
I'm really not expecting anything. XD
'
I just didn't know what I was looking at.
'
I thought your image was comparing the two panels (light and dark). But it's comparing the 4 playlists at the top with the light panel. I didn't realise that they were playlists in the tabs at the top, lol. I thought the arrow was pointing at something called External, which I didn't understand. I'm not criticising your help documents at all. They're amazing and it's so generous of you. I'm just describing what I experienced. It's very hard reading manuals when you don't have the basic understanding that you probably, unavoidably, take for granted. Although this was particularly dim of me because I now see that there's the famous Library Viewer Selection and even a New Playlist. I just got confused by the plethora of tabs like Panel Stack Splitter etc. Sorry!

Thanks so much. I've finally got what I'm looking at. And I'm really grateful for you putting up with me and sparing me your time.

One thing: I still don't know what that panel on the left is (the dark one)? It's titled "Playlists: _" while the other one (the one I have) is titled "Playlists: playlist_manager".

No hard feelings, as said, if you find something not clear enough then the documentation is not working. It's mean to help others, not to be read by me :)

So I will revise it tomorrow to make it more clear.

About your last question, you are missing the panel is named the same than the actual tracked folder ;) so if you set your playlist manager to track a folder named "Netflix", the title will say "Playlist: Neflix". This can be easily checked on the header tooltip. It just happens that the default folder is named playlist_manager in all installations!
X
X

Just checked and this is not clearly mentioned on the UI section of the manual, so will add it tomorrow.

Reply #182
Ah! So I can have two folders with different sets of playlists in them. Excellent.

I can't think of a use for it right now (?) but it's clear now. Thank you.

And I like the popup Search hint. I think I'd write: "to find items in loaded playlists" instead of "to find the items on loaded playlists"?

Reply #183
Ah! So I can have two folders with different sets of playlists in them. Excellent.

I can't think of a use for it right now (?) but it's clear now. Thank you.

And I like the popup Search hint. I think I'd write: "to find items in loaded playlists" instead of "to find the items on loaded playlists"?

Yep, that part is explained at III Features\ 9 Tracked folder and IX Advanced Tips\ 44 Multiple views / manager panels.

You may have one set of playlist using relative paths and another absolute paths (global setting per panel). Or one folder with M3U8 playlists and another one with other format (format is set per panel and applied to all playlists). Also if you just want to "categorize" playlists, and have 2 views with different lists... but that's what the category metadata is used for (and the filter buttons).

The option is there, I usually prefer to have more options than forcing one way of doing things. There are usually multiple ways for something [in all my scripts]. For ex. adding tracks to playlists can be done with keyboard shortcuts, drag n drop, the contextual menu or loading the playlists and copy/paste. Every user may find easier some way or the other.

There is a little thing many developers don't care about, which is accessibility. Windows text to speech tools  -since win 7-  read tooltips and menus, but can not read things within SMP panels. That's why I care about adding clear info on every tooltip and menu (even if there are fastest ways to do the same things).

Reply #184
When I run Playlist maintenance tools...>Duplicated items... and click Yes, the results says "Found these playlists with dead items:"

I think it's meant to say "duplicated" instead of "dead"?

Reply #187
New release:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.15

Apart from beta 13 too long list of changes, new beta 15 allows to select multiple playlists and load their content merged into a new playlist. This includes autoplaylists or any other type of playlists (UI-only playlists too).
Duplicates by TF and RegExp can also be removed.

Reply #188
New release:
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.15

Apart from beta 13 too long list of changes, new beta 15 allows to select multiple playlists and load their content merged into a new playlist. This includes autoplaylists or any other type of playlists (UI-only playlists too).
Duplicates by TF and RegExp can also be removed.
Nice. Thank you.

Reply #189
Here's a few "Aw, crashed" errors:

1) Right click > Manual refresh
Error: Spider Monkey Panel v1.6.1 ({5E1463F0-7C8F-4735-B496-C134D90D0212}: Playlist Manager v0.5.0-beta15 by XXX)
pls is undefined

File: playlist_manager_list.js
Line: 194, Column: 19
Stack trace:
  _list/this.paint@playlist_manager_list.js:194:19
  @playlist_manager.js:336:7
  fireEvents/</<@callbacks_xxx.js:148:37
  fireEvents/<@callbacks_xxx.js:145:30
Restart foobar, Right click > Manual refresh: no problem

EDIT: That was yesterday. Just happened again today.

2) Delete all files in a playlist > Hover over playlist name: same error as above.

3) Restart foobar. Rename playlist. Not certain what I did next. I think I just right-clicked on the playlist name again. Same error as above.

But I should add that you said this to paregistrase:
Maybe you have not cleaned the properties of the panel before installing things?

and there's this:
Install on a blank panel. Clean the old panel first.

I'm not certain that I've done it correctly. I just deleted the old SMP panels and then added new ones. I'm not sure how to "clean the properties of the panel" or "clean the panel". Is what I've done OK?

Reply #190
Nothing to do with installation, it's the same bug everytime if you have less playlists than the number of available rows due to a change I introduce on last version.

Replace:
xxx-scripts\main\playlist_manager\playlist_manager_list.js

Reply #191
Thanks again, regor. 👍

Reply #192
Thanks again, regor. 👍
Currently working on a wine compatibility update, will create a new release with this fix once I finish that.

Reply #193
What did the grape say when it got stepped on?

Nothing. It just gave out a little whine.

Reply #194
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.16

Fixes the crashes and all instances of weird chars on Wine. Fonts are now configurable globally.

Reply #195
Hey, could you give your vote here about Installation methods?
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/discussions/38

Any other feedback about it is appreciated.

Reply #197
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.17

## [0.5.0-beta.17] - 2023-03-04
### Added
### Changed
- UI: popup when cloning an Auto-playlist now adds a tip to cancel, thus skipping playlist file creation.
- Autosave: renamed property, config will be reset on update (this doesn't affect to most users since this config is usually not touched).
- Documentation: updated readme PDF to be up to date with all changes.
- Internal code cleanup of menus.
### Removed
### Fixed
- Console: logging of null value not working properly (totally irrelevant except for debug purposes).

Reply #198
https://github.com/regorxxx/Playlist-Manager-SMP/releases/tag/v0.5.0-beta.18
I think a lot of people get lost seeing so many features on first init, so now by default first installation will have most menus disabled.
They are also configurable now, and the native contextual menu has been added (in case you don't need it, just disable it).
This covers all features requested here. Since the only thing missing was the items' contextual menu. A redesign of the UI and more "simplification of features" by default it's planned, to make it easier for new users to use this manager as a replacement for broken components without getting lost on too many features.

[0.5.0-beta.18] - 2023-03-08
Added

UI: native contextual menu for items within loaded or UI-only playlists.
    UI: configurable playlist menus. Multiple entries may be hidden if not used, thus making it easier for users without more advanced needs.

Changed

UI: on first init, advanced features will be hidden by default.
    UI: focus is now set on new playlist after playlist creation.

Removed
Fixed

Dynamic menus: not being created on init when the manager had no Auto-playlists and Auto-playlist size updating was enabled.
    Crash after deleting playlists using multiple selection actions, since the selection was not being reset.

Reply #199
Working on updating the UI:
Traditional                                                                                                             Modern
X X

Updated UI:
- Header right click menu moved to the cog (the settings menu).
- Playlists right click menu moved  to the plus sign (the new playlists menu or tools applied to entire list).
- Added a search header. This is in addition to the quick-search by pressing keys, already implemented long time ago. It will allow to filter the panel instead of jumping and work with playlist's metadata.
- The header text is not bold anymore, which looks cleaner.
- Different UI modes, like Bio or Library tree panels do.

I will probably tweak a few more things, so if someone has a suggestion or better design, just let me know.