Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Format value of playback statistics field with masstagger? (Read 1103 times) previous topic - next topic

Format value of playback statistics field with masstagger?

Is it possible to format the value of the "rating" field of the playback statistics
taking the value from a tag in the file?

With masstagger too, to do it in batches?

Thanks.

Re: Format value of playback statistics field with masstagger?

Reply #1
Hi there,

Use $meta(rating) to access rating field in tags.

The value is usually only 1-5 though. Typically you would rather format that in a playlist column, using for example -

Code: [Select]
$pad($repeat(★,$meta(rating)),5,☆)

- to display as stars or whatever you like.

Cheers

Re: Format value of playback statistics field with masstagger?

Reply #2
Thank you for yout reply.

I knew about using $meta(rating) to access the values in tags but my need is the opposite,
I would like to copy the value FROM playback statistics %rating% field INTO $meta(rating)
but I don't know how to tell masstagger "format value from other fields" to write into $meta(rating).

Edit:
As I was writing my reply, I thought to try to format the value from %rating% to RATING and... it works!
Sorry if I didn't try it before but I thought it didn't make sense.

Thank you.