Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Analysing playlist to see all gain info in one area (Read 1415 times) previous topic - next topic

Analysing playlist to see all gain info in one area

I've been playing around with my gain levels and have some files that are 'off', I'd like to correct them but can't easily see the gain info for the lengthy playlist. How may I do this? I can't seem to see the gain info in mp3tag either. When I push my hotkey to look at gain info for multiples files, the gain field just states "multiple values". I just want to scroll through a list of all the gain info fully displayed in one list, is this possible? Thank you.

Re: Analysing playlist to see all gain info in one area

Reply #1
Hi there,

Select all tracks and right-click > Properties > ReplayGain tab.

Or add playlist columns with the RG field title formatting -

Code: [Select]
%replaygain_album_gain%
%replaygain_album_peak%
%replaygain_album_peak_db%
%replaygain_track_gain%
%replaygain_track_peak%
%replaygain_track_peak_db%

Or for Apple Soundcheck tags -

$info(apple soundcheck gain)

Cheers

Reply #2
Thanks a lot anamorphic, I made an album replay gain column, sweet! +rep

Ah, one more question, in the newly created column that displays as "-3.00 dB", is there any way I can simplify this to just "-3"? I condense most columns as much as I can to give more space for track title/artist/album columns. I'd rather not see the ellipse if at all possible, thanks again for your direction!

Reply #3
Use $num() I guess -

$num(%replaygain_album_gain%,0)

Obviously you'd be missing information, though you could put the complete value of the playing track on the status bar...

(Apologies for the late reply)

Reply #4
Use $num() I guess -

$num(%replaygain_album_gain%,0)

Obviously you'd be missing information, though you could put the complete value of the playing track on the status bar...

(Apologies for the late reply)

Beautiful, thanks a lot! No worries on the delay, I'm just seeing this now, not getting notifications for some reason. This new gain column is highly functional and now aesthetically pleasing, thanks again.