Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: couple of issues with attaching image features (Read 717 times) previous topic - next topic

couple of issues with attaching image features

Classic Properties Dialog (foo_properties_classic)
- Managed attached pictures context menu supports less format than Properties > Artwork
- It seems cannot export BMP file

foobar2000
Attach pictures context menu supports less format than Properties > Artwork

Properties > Artwork "Export to file" dialog format BMP "save as type" shows all files instead of current image format, just like other formats. Btw just playing around with this, with an attempt to export then cancel, foobar2000 memory usage keep growing somehow. my BMP test around 10MB.

Re: couple of issues with attaching image features

Reply #1
Fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting.

Can't recreate the apparent memory leak though. The "save as" dialog itself loads Explorer shell extensions and does various heavy stuff inside foobar2000 process, perhaps it's somehow responsible for the memory usage creep.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
About memory issue, attempt to export bmp then cancel need to be repeated many times so can be noticed. For example my memory from around 30MB raised to 400MB+ and stays until I close foobar2000. It seems happen only on bmp export file, to fixing that save type might be fix this at same time.

Thanks for looking those issue above and fixed them.

Reply #3
@Peter sorry to ask on this old topic
Properties>Artwork, Export to file for JPEG use extension .jpg, would you consider to change to .jpg? Because it is commonly used I guess, also to make it same with saving artwork via internal picture viewer

Also any plan to fix issue with properties classic from my initial post? thanks