Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Search function (Read 787 times) previous topic - next topic

Search function

Hi, I am new to the forum and hoping someone would be willing to help me out. I have all my albums ripped as .flac files, these are scanned for Replaygain by album tags and the values saved.

What I would like to be able to do, is use a search function which brings up a list of my albums within a range of ‘Album gain’ values, e.g. between -7.00 dB to -8.50 dB. I am sure the relevant information is already available in the documentation, but I am struggling to get past first base. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Re: Search function

Reply #2
You can create a custom column in playlist view for %__replaygain_album_gain% (via Preferences dialog) and sort all tracks by the contents of this column. It is slower than search, but should be practical in most cases. You don't even need to go into much complexity with formatting the value, and dealing with +/- discontinuity, for this range.

Re: Search function

Reply #3
Guys,

Thank you both for taking the trouble to reply. grimes I have tried your search method and it does exactly what I wanted, so thank you. I have one or two albums which are less than -0.5 dB and as you say these do not get picked up by the search. Eventually I realised by changing the search to LESS +1 such albums get scooped up, so all good.

j7n, your method looks useful too, so I will give it a try when I have more time.