Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 1.6 beta 16 removes Columns UI during portable install (Read 991 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 1.6 beta 16 removes Columns UI during portable install

After installation, I put the dll in the components folder again and it works fine.
“We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves.” – Norbert Wiener

Re: foobar2000 1.6 beta 16 removes Columns UI during portable install

Reply #1
Which version of Columns UI is it?
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Columns UI 1.4.1
“We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves.” – Norbert Wiener

Reply #3
Apparently it happens if you install Columns UI manually in the components folder, not through the Preferences page, and don't let the installer move it where it belongs.
It's not a new behavior, I'm seeing the same with foobar2000 v1.5.5 and older v1.6 betas (still checking).

Reply #4
Yes, I always manually install modules into the components folder, but until today I haven't used Columns UI. So I got this behavior for the first time on 1.6 beta 16. :)

Reply #5
Fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting.

Reply #6
Fixed in beta 17.