Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: lost ability to resume a stopped/skipped track at the same position (Read 1702 times) previous topic - next topic

lost ability to resume a stopped/skipped track at the same position

Hi,

v1.5.3

some time ago, I was able to resume a track by doubleclicking on the playlist which contains that track.
 the track would then start again at the same position, I had stopped it before.

now, the track starts from the beginning, when doubleclicking on the playlist.

I wonder, where I have to go to get back my desired behaviour and who (maybe a component?) is responsible for that behaviour.

did'nt find anything in the settings and the forum search only displays "You may have meant to search for ." when I search for resume...

anyone?

Re: lost ability to resume a stopped/skipped track at the same position

Reply #1
...start again at the same position, I had stopped it before...
Just to double check before someone else inquires...You definitely "stopped" (as opposed to paused ||) it before?
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #2
...start again at the same position, I had stopped it before...
Just to double check before someone else inquires...You definitely "stopped" (as opposed to paused ||) it before?
Doubleclicking a song from another playlist or doubleclicking an other playlist will stop the currently playing song and start the new one. So, yes.

Reply #3
I'm only aware of two components that can resume tracks - foo_playlist_attributes, and foo_skip (which places a %bookmark% tag). I guess foo_bookmarks too, though not sure if automatic.

Even so, double-clicking a playlist for me only switches to it, does not start playing, so perhaps you have another component in the mix (or a script?)

Cheers

Reply #4
Even so, double-clicking a playlist for me only switches to it, does not start playing

Same with me, which is normal behavior.
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Reply #5
Guys! You were right, thank you for pointing that out to me...

I was missing the important part...

I am using CUI and a Playlist Switcher Tab, where I double click on the playlists. Not the normal playlist headers (whatever normal means in this case...)

Thanks again, I will now ask in the CUI board, as I did not find any appropriate setting...