Skip to main content
Topic: 1.5b14 Cancelled Properties Window shows no nothing? (Read 286 times) previous topic - next topic

1.5b14 Cancelled Properties Window shows no nothing?

Hi,

I'm unshure, if this an expected behaviour:

When selecting a lot music and opening their properties, a loading bar comes up. (Screenshot: loading.png)
When pressing ESC while loading, the properties window opens, but is ALWAYS empty (No Metadata). (Screenshot: cancelled.png)

Not sure what to expect:

1) Metadata should be shown, which was loaded until ESC was pressed, (maybe needed another button to load rest of metadata, reload all? )

2) No Metadata is shown (but why then show an empty properties window at all?)

I pers. would go with 1) as long as it will be noticable that not all metadata was loaded and can be reloaded again via an additional button.

btw:
what will happen, if the User presses OK in that "cancelled" window (because the OK button is active, but nothing was changed...) ? I did not dare to try... too afraid to loose important tags...

Re: 1.5b14 Cancelled Properties Window shows no nothing?

Reply #1
Haven't seen that, but it might help those in the know if you give a specific quantity for "a lot". Then try halving that quantity, try properties again, and if not locking up, they'll have a better idea.
A foobar enthusiast who's neither an audiophile, nor an album snob

Re: 1.5b14 Cancelled Properties Window shows no nothing?

Reply #2
Addressed in beta 15, thanks for reporting.
The intended behavior was that the dialog should close.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019