Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Possible bug with shuffle (tracks) in foobar2000 1.5 beta6? (Read 1406 times) previous topic - next topic

Possible bug with shuffle (tracks) in foobar2000 1.5 beta6?

I found a change in behavior with shuffle (tracks), compared to previous versions of foobar2000.
If I select something from the album list, playback order is shuffle (tracks), foobar2000 always play the first track on the new playlist.

foobar2000 v1.4.6 and older did not behave like this with shuffle (tracks), v1.4.6 and older plays a random track whenever I make a new playlist.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Re: Possible bug with shuffle (tracks) in foobar2000 1.5 beta6?

Reply #1
I seem unable to replicate the behavior.

Reply #2
Well, I tried a new vanilla portable install of beta 6 and I can replicate the behavior.

Here is a short clip that shows what I mean: https://youtu.be/X1cu5e6AYa4

Playback order is shuffle (tracks), playback follows cursor if off.
Library viewer selection playlist is enabled and activate when changed if enabled.

So, I click something in the albumlist, foobar makes a new playlist, I click forward on my mouse, witch equals next song, foobar plays the first song on the new playlist.
Older versions of foobar always played a random song, when clicking next or play.

Reply #3
Confirmed, thanks for reporting.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.