Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_quicksearch under wine (Read 1559 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Re: foo_quicksearch

foo_quicksearch under wine

Hi

i am trying to get foo_quicksearch with foobar 1.3.12 running under wine. (also tried fooboar 1.4.3 - but the old version seems to run better in wine)
following the doku quicksearch needs the windows imaging component.
i installed this and the plugin loads. but as soon as i enter a letter in the search field, foobar crashes.

i would like to know if there are other dependencies and if someone has any experience on how to troubleshoot those wine issues,
i am ready to get my hands dirty.

Re: foo_quicksearch under wine

Reply #1
better post in the official discussion thread to gain more attention ;)

i ran into the same problems with quicksearch some time ago and found out, that foobar's internal media library search already offers all that i needed.

good luck!

Reply #2
hey,

deactivate "autocomplete from history" in settings and it will not crash anymore

Reply #3
I had to turn of auto search (ie. so you press enter to search) for it to stop crashing.

Reply #4
1.6 and newer run just fine under Wine, so you'll probably have to figure out something that doesn't involve quicksearch if you want stable results.