Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playback of ISO-(SACD) files and setting of best possible output formats (Read 597 times) previous topic - next topic

Playback of ISO-(SACD) files and setting of best possible output formats

Hi there,

I'm new in Foobar2000 use and I was tuned in on it because I can now rip SACD from my 'new' Sony Bluray BDP-S790 onto a harddisk.
I save as RAW ISO and can playback from PC into my CD player Simaudio Moon 260D (with DAC) connecting with a USB-cable (A-male + B-male).
I have installed the plugin (foo_input_sacd-1.1.1a) on Foobar2000 that enables SACD playback of cause, but I have some questions on playback:

The DAC in the CD player (USB-inlet) can handle 24 bit/192.000 according to Simaudio. The DAC vendor states: 32 bit and system clock: 128, 192, 256, 384, 512, 768.

In Preferences in Foobar under Playback/Output: I have set for 32 bit.
In Tools/SACD I have under SACD/PCM Samplerate chosen 41.000. It all sounds detailed and georgous !! - If I chose 88.200 there is a weak white background noise.

It seems to me that the steps in the software PCM samplerates is a bit odd: 41.000, 88.200, 176.400, 352.800 - why is there not a 192.000 ?

If I chose higher samplerate: 176400 or 352800 the music is there but so is a very obvious constant white backgrpound noise.

I suppose it all comes down to the plugin: (foo_input_sacd-1.1.1a). Are there another plugin which is better for my setup ? Or another PC software which will be better all together ?

;)
 nUUK25