Skip to main content
Topic: The selection of the song does not move down (Read 374 times) previous topic - next topic

The selection of the song does not move down

Hi,

I use newest foobar2000 1.4.2 and I noticed that the frame (selection) of the song does not move down when the new song is turned on.

This selection should automatically appear on the new song that is played.

Please fix it.

Re: The selection of the song does not move down

Reply #1
Playback - Cursor Follow Playback is selected?

Reply #2
I do not understand what you mean. Explain more clearly. :)

Look at this video:

https://youtu.be/SLU1YNe_Q1U

Reply #3
The setting jazzthieve refers to can be accessed from the Playback menu. Just click on "Cursor follows playback" so that it gets a tickmark.

Reply #4
I understand, I set it in Preferences > Playback > Cursor follows playback

Why is not this option enabled by default?

Reply #5
Why is not this option enabled by default?

Maybe because not everyone wants to use it. It's there so everyone can use it optionally.
foobar2000 plays music

Reply #6
To developers:

I understand this, but in my opinion this feature should be enabled by default for all. Because many people may not have a clue that this feature must be personally enabled in the settings. I did not know that either, so I thought it was a mistake in the program. I used foobar2000 v0.9.4.5 for many years, because I thought it was the best simple version.

Another function that is not enabled by default is the function in Playing (right mouse click) > Columns > Item index

This function enables the numbering of songs on the list in the foobar2000. Why is this function not a default function? I've been looking for this function for a long time to turn it on. I do not understand programmers who hide the default functions that were always in foobar2000.

Reply #7
It is your opinion which is a fair opinion. But others have the opposite opinion which is fair as well. I see no reason to change it. Many people don't necessarily want cursor to follow playback and only want focus on track when they desire it. It's much easier to browse a playlist when it's not constantly jumping to a track when there's a track change.
You have the option to change how foobar behaves the way you want, that should be enough. There's no need to press changes to have foobar act by default fully to your own desires when the defaults have been like this for quite a long time now.

Reply #8
This function enables the numbering of songs on the list in the foobar2000. Why is this function not a default function?
For me, that's absolutely useless thing.

Reply #9

I understand this, but in my opinion this feature should be enabled by default for all. Because many people may not have a clue that this feature must be personally enabled in the settings. I did not know that either, so I thought it was a mistake in the program. I used foobar2000 v0.9.4.5 for many years, because I thought it was the best simple version.

Do you know you can set different playback modes? Default, Shuffle, Random etc? With a large playlist the selected file doesn't just change in shuffle mode, it also causes the playlist contents to scroll up and down. I'd much prefer to have control over what's selected. You can always tell foobar2000 to highlight the playing track (although I don't think any of the default themes do that, so you have to create custom columns).

Another function that is not enabled by default is the function in Playing (right mouse click) > Columns > Item index

Doesn't it simply tell you the order the files were added to a playlist. Is it very useful if you're not playing tracks in the default order (shuffle or random mode etc)?

Reply #10
F2K player was created for people who like explore this player and enjoy from fron his abilities with different plugins.
For someone who think this player can do everything, just notice you, F2K still can't coocking.....
This is only media player, i"ll thanks, big thanks to Peter and to all developers of the plugins, for great work, for spend days and nights and write soft and plugins for free use.

Reply #11
Many people don't necessarily want cursor to follow playback and only want focus on track when they desire it.

How do you know that many people do not want the cursor to follow the playback? Have you done any research, poll? Do you have any statistics?

It's much easier to browse a playlist when it's not constantly jumping to a track when there's a track change.

I understand it. All right but all can browse the list of songs at when the new song will turn on.

For me, that's absolutely useless thing.

Doesn't it simply tell you the order the files were added to a playlist. Is it very useful if you're not playing tracks in the default order (shuffle or random mode etc)?

All right. I just think it's good to know how many songs I have in foobar. And it's possible that everyone wants to know. But this feature is disabled by default and honestly it is not so easy to find this function.

I just wrote my thoughts, you do not have to defend the current settings of this program so highly.

Reply #12
And it's possible that everyone wants to know.
"Have you done any research, poll? Do you have any statistics?"

Reply #13
How do I know? I guess being active on this forum for over a decade one gets to pick up a thing or two.
Also, that's pretty rich from you asking for research when you yourself said and I quote:
Because many people may not have a clue that this feature must be personally enabled in the settings.
.....so how about you? Have you done research? A poll perhaps?

Hypocrite.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019