Skip to main content
Topic: Replacement for Sandisk Clip+ (Read 1107 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacement for Sandisk Clip+

My Clip+ has died. Are there any players that are similiar in function and price. I had it with Rockbox and the main features I liked with that was the bookmarks.

Joe

Re: Replacement for Sandisk Clip+

Reply #1
A while back I heard good things about the FiiO X1, but don't know what is the scenario as of 2018.

Reply #2
I got fed up of carrying two devices around and am quite happy with my phone now :)

Reply #4
I recently went through the same thing, except my Clip+'s battery was dying. I replaced it (non-OEM since I couldn't source one) but still wasn't happy. I had a look amongst the current crop of DAPs to find something similar but couldn't. The current models seem to fit into two categories - cheap & cheerful or "Hi-Fi"/Hi-Res players (and lots of $$$). However, I found that Rockbox can be put onto the Xduoo X3 and am happy with my choice. It's probably 3 times the Clip+'s size so it's not as pocketable but it seems to one of the few newer players around that can run Rockbox and it doesn't cost a kidney either. If you do follow the same path, be aware that (a) there's a V2 of this player that doesn't support Rockbox and (b) the stock firmware has a flaw that plays some compressed files fractionally too slow.

Edited: grammar.

Reply #5
The statement about the V2 is wrong! Only the housing is different, the internals are the same.

Reply #7
The statement about the V2 is wrong! Only the housing is different, the internals are the same.
Not sure - there's a X3II which I believe is not Rockbox-able, though I may be wrong. It has such things as Bluetooth, which the original does not, so it can't be the same internals. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing?

Reply #9
Thanks for the replies. I think I will take a look at the Xduoo X3

Reply #10
I had a clip+ too but too bad it died.
This time I didn't want to pay the premium for a brand-new device from 2009 or so, so I decided to go with Chinese player and here I got the Shanling M0. Although it's made by another "audiophile" company, this time I don't feel like being robbed for snake oil.

It has 2Vrms voltage output, and near-zero output impedance perfect for any loads.
And yes they have 2-way Bluetooth functionality with AAC!

The price I paid was around $99 which was equal to a refurbed Clip+ shipped to Thailand.

No Rockbox anyway :(

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-shanling-m0-nano-size-touch-screen-ldac-aptx-bt-usb-dac-transport-and-ess-sabre-es9218p-fw-2-1.874859/

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018