Skip to main content
Topic: Why am I banned? (Read 840 times) previous topic - next topic

Why am I banned?

I can't get on the site from any PC (Win 10 and Win 7) whether my VPN is on or off. True on Firefox, Chrome & Edge. I can get on via my android phone wirelessly using same router as my hardwired PCs.  I get the "Sorry, guest, you have been banned...not set to expire." error message on PCs. Been a member in good standing since 2006. Why?

Re: Why am I banned?

Reply #1
Well, your IP isn't banned, so it must be something else. Try clearing your HA cookies in the browsers and then logging in again.

Reply #2
I always browse in private mode so no cookies. And same thing happens on other browsers not in private mode. Thanks for answering.

Reply #3
PM me the IP address you are browsing from at home? Also the time you are attempting to browse.

E: Disregard that, it's logged.

E2: I see several accesses preceding that which were banned for using privacy VPN services or VPS hosted servers that had a default hostname for their provider, which is in the banned hostnames list. One of them being unknown.puregig.net.

Reply #4
PM me the IP address you are browsing from at home? Also the time you are attempting to browse.

E2: I see several accesses preceding that which were banned for using privacy VPN services or VPS hosted servers that had a default hostname for their provider, which is in the banned hostnames list. One of them being unknown.puregig.net.

Why would I be banned for life for using a VPN? Is that so uncommon? How do I get un-banned?

Reply #5

Why would I be banned for life for using a VPN? Is that so uncommon? How do I get un-banned?

Usually because a persistent spammer is using the same VPN service to hide their true IP.

Reply #6
It was a shotgun solution. It was that, or muck about reporting them to the VPN provider. Maybe I'll bother to do that, if the spam still exists in our database.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018