Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Music goes silent, MediaMonkey server, iPhone 5 (Read 664 times) previous topic - next topic

Music goes silent, MediaMonkey server, iPhone 5

Factory reset an iPhone 5 (maybe 5s) to play music off my PC via MediaMonkey server, around our pool.

Foobar finds the server without problem.

Playing from a playlist of about 1000 songs, a mix of MP3 and FLAC.

The sound just stops randomly.

Sometimes it comes back (from a later part of the song, so I know the player isn't STOPping).

When it does come back, it could go several songs without an issue, then it happens again. Sometimes it happens for a few seconds, comes back for a minute, happens again for a few seconds, etc.

Sometimes it happens and I forget music was on, then it comes back minutes (hours?) later.

Whenever it comes back, it's never at the beginning of a song, so I don't think file format is an issue.

I thought maybe wifi, but the signal is Excellent where everything sits, plus again the music doesn't stop on the phone.

I've been thinking lockscreen. I removed the passcode on the phone, but that doesn't stop the lockscreen.

Also, again it can play many songs before it happens.

And again, sometimes the songs don't stop at all.

I had company over today and it kept stopping, and I wanted to throw the phone into the pool.

Can anyone help?

Re: Music goes silent, MediaMonkey server, iPhone 5

Reply #1
Does the same thing happen if you try another media server software like minimserver?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.