Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Help with DSP, Crossfade (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

Help with DSP, Crossfade

What DSPs or other options should I be using with a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 Pros, how do I set them up and what are the best settings, also what are the best settings for crossfade? I want my music to blend seamlessly from song to song with absolutely no silence in between.

Re: Help with DSP, Crossfade

Reply #1
What DSPs or other options should I be using with a pair of Sennheiser HD 380 Pros, how do I set them up and what are the best settings, also what are the best settings for crossfade? I want my music to blend seamlessly from song to song with absolutely no silence in between.
I can help you. All i need to know what kind of music you listen and i can help you more better if you going to upload 2 your favorite tracks to mediafire.com

Reply #2
Best way is to just experiment until you find the settings you like. I'm not sure there are really "best settings" where it is more of a personal preference and kind of subjective.

Having said that you could probably add Skip Silence and move it to the top of the list, click configure button, and set the slider to less than 1000 ms (= 1 second), maybe try 500? Then add Crossfader in second, click configure and try around 2000 ms - it depends on how much of the song you want to fade and maybe miss the beginnings. Just experiment.

As for headphones, you would set them up with your sound card drivers and not foobar as such. What kind of sound hardware are you plugging the headphones into? For listening to music you should probably disable any settings like 'Surround Sound' / 'Spatial Sound', 'Crystalizer' or such marketing terms that supposedly make things sound better. And if you have HD music in your collection, you could set the sound card device properties to output 24-bit 96kHz to make the most of it.

Best of luck 8)

Reply #4
Hi...i use the older continuator plugin...better than a crossfade...