Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UPnP Server problem with remote foobar2000 mobile (Read 6383 times) previous topic - next topic

UPnP Server problem with remote foobar2000 mobile

I have set up the UPnP on my hope computer (Wnidows 7 x64, foobar2000 1.4 beta 12)
I configured the port 56923 in my roter for remote access, launched UPnP server at my IP. Now I can connect to ir through internet from another foobar2000@Windows, adding Remote UPnP as http://user:password@myip:56923
It works great with desktop foobar2000. But when I add the same server to foobar2000 mobile, and try to connect from the same IP as foobar2000 desktop, I get this in my home foobar2000 console:

foo_upnp: Denied WAN request (ip: 46.211.27.38, User Agent: foobar2000-mobile/1.x)
foo_upnp: Successful WAN request (ip: 46.211.27.38, User Agent: foobar2000-mobile/1.x)
foo_upnp: Denied WAN request (ip: 46.211.27.38, User Agent: foobar2000-mobile/1.x)
foo_upnp: Successful WAN request (ip: 46.211.27.38, User Agent: foobar2000-mobile/1.x)
and so on...

And the server doesn't appear in foobar2000 mobile.
Why does it happen? As I can connect from desktop fooba2000 with same IP - the server and network is set up correctly. What's wrong with foobar2000 mobile? Tried both stable and beta versions (Android 4.4).
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Re: UPnP Server problem with remote foobar2000 mobile

Reply #1
Works for me.
Add the full URL to foobar2000 mobile under media servers list:
http://user:password@my-internet-ip:port
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #2
Sure, I have added it exactly as you recommend.
It's interesting - the remote server works (shown as available) when I'm connected to my home WiFi network - it appears twice - as local and remote:

It continues to be available if I switch to mobile internet connection (I even can play the music).

But when I relaunch foobar2000 mobile and try to connect to remote server through mobile internet - it becomes unavailable:

The problem was reported recently here also:
http://forum.foobar2000.com/forum/showthread.php?645-Can-t-connect-to-UPnP-server-from-outside-LAN&p=3233&viewfull=1#post3233

I was terribly upset by the fact - I can't play my home collection with foobar2000 mobile, though it has Remote UPnP server support. I hope you will be able to fix it.
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #3
This is a very curious case, I seem to be doing exactly what you are and it works each time - current fb2k mobile 1.1.15 beta, foo_upnp 0.99.49.
When opening the media servers list, it tries to talk to each of the user UPnP servers grabbing its UPnP device information. This step seems to be failing / getting stuck for you.

Please try suffixing the URL with /DeviceDescription.xml, like this:
http://<login>@93.77.67.94:56923/DeviceDescription.xml
.. and report if it's any better.

The actual proper URL is the /DeviceDescription.xml one, we proceed to try it when the exact specified URL failed to fetch with a 404 - but this again works for me.

Reply #4
Please try suffixing the URL with /DeviceDescription.xml, like this:
http://<login>@93.77.67.94:56923/DeviceDescription.xml

Great! Finally it works.
I'm running foobar2000 mobile 1.1.13 and foobar2000 1.4 beta 13

But there is still a rejected request in foobar2000 console:

foo_upnp: Denied WAN request (ip: 46.211.0.198, User Agent: foobar2000-mobile/1.x)
foo_upnp: Successful WAN request (ip: 46.211.0.198, User Agent: foobar2000-mobile/1.x)

Anyway, thanks!

BTW: it's impossible to delete the Remote server item which is unavailable - long press gives no popup menu.
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #5
Indeed, testing this on Android just now, we don't allow deletion of 'disabled' items. This will be addressed on the next update.

It is still puzzling why you needed the /DeviceDescription.xml in first place, this has to be a symptom of some kind of a bug, just not sure where.

Reply #6
You know, I've just tested it with my work Wi-Fi - it works (previously I thought it works with Wi-Fi  because I'm in the same network as my home PC). So the problem rises only when I switch to mobile internet.
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #7
Mobile internet is a frequent suspect for inserting a man in the middle of your http traffic.

Reply #8
I personally use OpenVPN to access home net resources from any location.
This way you don't even need port forwarding, foo_upnp internet access features, manual entering of URLs, etc - and nobody can mess with your traffic ever.
If you use VPN, you just have to manually add your UPnP server to user servers ( long tap in the server list in fb2k mobile 1.1 beta to remember it ) because UPnP discovery does not work over VPN.