Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Automatically remove playlists, and entries on playlists (Read 511 times) previous topic - next topic

Automatically remove playlists, and entries on playlists

Hi guys. I was wondering if there was any any way to:

1. Not allow duplicate tracks on static playlists - much like how autoplaylists don't allow you to put stuff on them if the entries aren't within the specifications of the playlist. If not, is there any way to trigger the Edit > Remove Duplicates command either when entering a new playlist, or at a specified rate (ie. at an interval of 10 minutes)?

2. Not allow certain playlists to be created. Some automatically made playlists ("Filter Results (Playback)", "#Quicksearch [xd]") take up space and look bad on the playlist panel, mostly as they're not really "playlists" in the sense that I wouldn't ever want to manually click on them. They're really useful, but they're what I'd call "immediate playlists", as they're purpose is pretty much restricted to when they're triggered (ie. the moment I search something on the Quick Search toolbar, or the moment I look up an artist on the Filter panel). I get that the way foobar works makes it impossible for them not to be created, but is there any way to hide them, or remove them?