Skip to main content
Topic: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (Read 15206 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles

Reply #150
Another (dumb) question:
in f2k, if we don't want to show an empty string/variable, we enclose it in [brackets].
And it greatly works with %lastfm_first_played%, but [%lastfm_played_times%] shows [] if its empty.
How can I suppress the [] ?
Yeah, I do this on purpose because I mainly use it in JScript and the '[]' is needed to show that it's an empty array.

If you don't want to show anything in that case you could do:
Code: [Select]
$iflonger(%lastfm_played_times%,2,%lastfm_played_times%,)

Reply #151
Uploaded v3.0.6 to the components registry. Don't think there's a reason to force an upgrade as the functionality is identical, only change is that the component was compiled with the release 1.4 SDK instead of the Beta, and the component size was cut in half.

Reply #152
Do you ever plan to implement manual importing (and exporting to xml too) of statistics?

I know there's the last.fm import option, but it doesn't really do much for me as my early years on last.fm are a mess. A couple of years ago I downloaded all my last.fm data and with some help of excel I managed to weed out outliers and finally adopt it for original playback statistics component. But it took time and manual tinkering and I'm 100% sure no automation can manage to do that without my own input. Also, you know, maybe one day sites like YouTube or Soundcloud will allow downloading user history through API - another case where manual import would prove useful.

There's also the second reason, a bit more idealistic - the ability to import/export the stats would give me a sense of much more freedom and 'ownership' of my personal data.

Reply #153
Do you ever plan to implement manual importing (and exporting to xml too) of statistics?
I hadn't considered it before. If I were to ever do something like this, I'd probably export to JSON because it's easier to work with IMO.

Just to be clear, this component doesn't really backup the data from last.fm, it just backs up the data from last.fm for songs that you select (either manually or by playing them) so long as the data in last.fm matches one of the selected songs. So I pull plays for "Song A" from a particular artist, and I get back all the values for "Song A" and "Song B", but only those plays for "Song A" are saved... at least until "Song B" is played. Also, if last.fm has records of plays of "Song C" but it's not in your library (maybe the song title is mispelled locally) then you'll never see those plays recorded. It's not a great way to mirror the last.fm data which I think somewhat limits the value of exporting/importing.

Reply #154
If I were to ever do something like this, I'd probably export to JSON because it's easier to work with IMO.
And same with importing, I suppose? Well, JSON importer would be fine, because there's a lot of converters out there (even online like this: http://shancarter.github.io/mr-data-converter), so I could easily transform my xml/xls data.

so long as the data in last.fm matches one of the selected songs
Yeah and that's a problem. When I was importing my last.fm to foo_playcount a few years ago, I only had ~80% of my foobar library tracks matching exactly my last.fm scrobbles. And these should be identical! But last.fm used to have the metadata correction option and also my library was constantly updating thanks to musicbrainz. So yeah, in the end I had to make manual changes in excel (for example: I had to swap all the last.fm's "Florence and The Machine" to stylised name "Florence + The Machine" to match my foobar library).

Reply #155
Yeah and that's a problem. When I was importing my last.fm to foo_playcount a few years ago, I only had ~80% of my foobar library tracks matching exactly my last.fm scrobbles. And these should be identical! But last.fm used to have the metadata correction option and also my library was constantly updating thanks to musicbrainz. So yeah, in the end I had to make manual changes in excel (for example: I had to swap all the last.fm's "Florence and The Machine" to stylised name "Florence + The Machine" to match my foobar library).
That's why I relaxed pattern matching in this component from it's initial release. It wouldn't solve your "Florence and The Machine" to "Florence + The Machine" problem, but if your original artist name was "Florence & the Machine" that would have matched.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019