Skip to main content
Topic: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (JScript) (Read 12947 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (JScript)

Reply #125
A user says to the dev he doesn't "understand' about his own work. Now that's funny.

Re: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (JScript)

Reply #126
You don't seem to understand. You need to test yourself and you'll know. Thank you.
I've done over a hundred hours of development and testing and mucking about with the weirdness that is last.fm's stored data. I also spent 30 minutes yesterday looking at what you posted and the last.fm responses. I'd say I have a fairly good idea of what's happening. Without your actual files that you can't retrieve scrobbles for, I can't say more.

Regarding foobar freezing, can you please tell me how many files you were trying to pull last.fm data for at the same time? Was it 100? 1000? 10k? I can't test that without more information on your end.

A user says to the dev he doesn't "understand' about his own work. Now that's funny.
I'm being incredibly nice because that hang worries me.

Reply #127
Just released v3.0.2

Changelog
  • Relaxed last.fm string matching. Before "Test: This", "Test - This", "Test/This" all would be seen as different, now they'd all be considered matches.
  • The component still ignores all punctuation other than &,(, and ), but if the song title only contains spaces and punctuation, then an exact match is done. This fixed a problem I had with an album which only contained songs with a punctuation for song titles.
  • If retrieving last.fm scrobbles is unchecked in the config, or the username has not been set, the right-click option to retrieve scrobbles is disabled.

I also tested the component by retrieving scobbles for 5k different songs (encompassing 500 different artists) and could not replicate any crash. Seems pretty damn solid to me. Unless there's a bug or extra functionality that someone wants, this might be the last release for a while.

Reply #128
Thanks for the update.

Reply #129
Hi, I love the component. It's very important to me so I'd like to say thanks for all the work you put into it.

I have a question: where is the playback data stored? I know I can retrieve it like a tag, but doesn't seem to be stored like a tag or a file property. I would like to know how to back up this data so I don't lose it. Thanks again for all the work you did on the component.

Reply #130
I think MordredKLB already mentioned it in this thread. It's stored in Index-data folder, file name 0C1BD000-43E7-4078-B885-48EE4249DEC3.

Reply #131
I think MordredKLB already mentioned it in this thread. It's stored in Index-data folder, file name 0C1BD000-43E7-4078-B885-48EE4249DEC3.
That's it! I recommend using foo_jesus to backup the entire index-folder.

Reply #132
Edit: Doh. Just moved the data as referenced in the posts above and it works now.

Hello. I've noticed that this plug-in appears to have broken for me.

When I first installed it many months ago I setup a playlist column to display %lastfm_play_count% which worked fine; however, now all of my tracks simply show 0. Clearing the cache or trying to force a new last.fm query doesn't resolve this.

I'm using Foobar 1.4 with version 3.0.2 of the plugin. My lastfm username is still present and the plugin is set to retrieve scrobbles etc.

Any advice with regards to troubleshooting? Many thanks for your time and and efforts in creating this software.

Reply #133
Edit: Doh. Just moved the data as referenced in the posts above and it works now.
Glad it's working for you again, but I'm not sure what you mean by this line. Did you manually move the db file from index-data?

Reply #134
Glad it's working for you again, but I'm not sure what you mean by this line. Did you manually move the db file from index-data?

Yes, sorry. I moved the file and it regenerated in a working state. I didn't delete in case it made no difference, in which case I would have put it back.

Reply #135
Gotcha. Sounds like it got corrupted due to a partial write or crash or something.

Reply #136
Released v3.0.3

Changelog
  • Fixed a bug where if last.fm scrobbling is disabled, or a track has been played but no scrobbles were found for it in last.fm, then foobar's individual plays were not being saved.

Reply #138
Please, show an example of a working script for JScript. I copy the text from the first post, but only the white window as a result.

Reply #139
Please, show an example of a working script for JScript. I copy the text from the first post, but only the white window as a result.
It doesn't require JScript, but to do fancier things (like listing out all played dates) requires JScript. The code in the first just shows how you can iterate over the array of values returned by the component, but doesn't actually display them or do anything fancy -- that'd be up to the you or the theme you're using. You can just use the fields provided in the first post without JScript if you want.

Reply #140
like listing out all played dates requires JScript.
Yes, this I would like to implement.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018