Skip to main content
Topic: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (JScript) (Read 8120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (JScript)

Reply #100
Beta 5 fixing the %first/last_played_enhanced% issue:

Tested in the problematic files, problem solved.

really appreciate your post-sale service ;)

Re: foo_enhanced_playcount - Record all song plays and Last.fm scrobbles (JScript)

Reply #101
Wait, I'm supposed to be getting paid for this?

Beta 6 changelist:
  • index-db will be automatically converted to new format, and the old database will be deleted. You might want to back up 0C1BD000-43E7-4078-B885-48EE4249DEC2 just in case, or at least have foo_jesus installed. To test that everything is kosher, startup foobar, see that the console reports how many records were converted. Close foobar, see that the ...EC2 db is gone (new file is ...EC3), restart foobar and you should still have your lastfm playcounts. Then you can delete your backup if you like.
  • Files now pinned to the following hash string, lowercased: "%artist% - $year($if2(%date%,%original release date%)) - %album% $if2(%discnumber%,1)-%tracknumber% %title%". This means you can change capitalization with foobar closed, and your hashes won't get lost. This exactly mirrors the hash string that foo_playcount uses, except Peter doesn't toss in a $year() around %date%.

BTW, the conversion stuff was such a pain in the ass because I made a stupid typo and it took me 6+ hours of fiddling and trying 50 different ways to get it to work before I realized what my mistake was.

Reply #102
Wait, I'm supposed to be getting paid for this?

Of course, with eternal love and honey ;)

Beta 6 changelist:
  • index-db will be automatically converted to new format, and the old database will be deleted. You might want to back up 0C1BD000-43E7-4078-B885-48EE4249DEC2 just in case, or at least have foo_jesus installed. To test that everything is kosher, startup foobar, see that the console reports how many records were converted. Close foobar, see that the ...EC2 db is gone (new file is ...EC3), restart foobar and you should still have your lastfm playcounts. Then you can delete your backup if you like.

The process was perfect:
Code: [Select]
foo_enhanced_playcount: on_init()
foo_enhanced_playcount: Converted 23405 records. Deleted old database.

The ...EC2 was gone and only left a brand new ...EC3 with all the data in place.

• Files now pinned to the following hash string, lowercased: "%artist% - $year($if2(%date%,%original release date%)) - %album% $if2(%discnumber%,1)-%tracknumber% %title%". This means you can change capitalization with foobar closed, and your hashes won't get lost. This exactly mirrors the hash string that foo_playcount uses, except Peter doesn't toss in a $year() around %date%.

Cool  8)

Thank you very much MordredKLB, now my dinamic rating is more accurate than never.

Reply #103
Officially released v3.0.0 in the component registry. The only changes from beta6 are a version bump and some minor code cleanup. Nothing functional, so feel free to skip it if you have beta6.

Thanks everybody for all the help testing things. I'm feeling pretty good about the component and at the moment I can't think of anything else I want to add. Feel free to make suggestions if there's something you feel is missing.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2018