Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Multiple Actions in One Command (Read 1766 times) previous topic - next topic

Multiple Actions in One Command

Someone asked this a few years ago but I haven't been able to make the proposed solution work. Ideally, all I really want to do is use foo_random_pools to immediately skip to a new random album; it doesn't matter how I accomplish that. The proposed solution is to use foo_run to start foobar from within itself using command line parameters. That makes sense (albeit it's convoluted) but when I try something as simple as using foo_run to pause foobar using the example cited above, I get the Program Files folder to pop up and nothing else.

Any ideas or new plugins available?

Re: Multiple Actions in One Command

Reply #1
I'm trying to achieve something similar but instead of trying to skip/play/pause actions I'd like to switch multiple PSS global variables to a different value.

The proposed solution on the previous thread works, I'm not sure what OP is doing but this for example to go to next song and then pause works fine:
Code: [Select]
cmd /c start "1" "Z:\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "/command:next" & ping 127.0.0.1 -n 1>nul & start "2" "Z:\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "/command:pause" & ping 127.0.0.1 -n 1>nul

However I'm trying to use this method to setglobal in PSS, this doesn't work however:
cmd /c start "1" "Z:\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "SETGLOBAL:_ELP.TYPE:3;%_REFRESH%;REFRESH" & ping 127.0.0.1 -n 1>nul & start "2" "Z:\foobar2000\foobar2000.exe" "SETGLOBAL:_BACKART:0;%_REFRESH%;REFRESH" & ping 127.0.0.1 -n 1>nul

All this does is pop up a cmd window for a flash and nothing happens. I'm not getting an error message however so I believe I'm on the right track here.
Any advice?
I tried changing to
"/SETGLOBAL:_BACKART:0;%_REFRESH%;REFRESH"
or
"SETGLOBAL:_BACKART:0;REFRESH"
or
"SETGLOBAL:_BACKART:0;%_REFRESH%"
all of these give an unknown commandline paramater error.

Re: Multiple Actions in One Command

Reply #2
Forget all the above, doesn't work. See PSS thread for solution.