Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3.17 - Advanced Limiter Not Working (Read 576 times) previous topic - next topic

Upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3.17 - Advanced Limiter Not Working

I recently upgraded from version 1.2.4 to version 1.3.17.

Advanced Limiter seems to now not do anything. If I load 32 bit fp waves, scan for replay gain, then do a convert, keeping the tracks as 32 bit fp, with track replay gain applied and Advanced Limiter in the Active DSPs, the resulting tracks' peaks all go well above 1.000000, exactly the same as if Advanced Limiter wasn't in the Active DSPs.

With 1.2.4, the Advanced Limiter worked and limited the tracks' peaks at 1.000000.

Any ideas?

Re: Upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3.17 - Advanced Limiter Not Working

Reply #1
Make sure that you don't scan with oversampling  (see Peak scan oversample factor setting in adv. preferences)

Re: Upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3.17 - Advanced Limiter Not Working

Reply #2
I figured it out... I had a DC Offset VST after the Advanced Limiter. If I take that out, then Advanced limiter limits at 1.00. If I run Advanced Limiter separately, THEN run ANY VST afterwards, even  VST's that don't add volume, peaks will again go over 1.000000. It just appears to be how limiters in general affect the audio signal, as this behavior is the same with other limiters on the particular source material I'm using.