Skip to main content
Topic: Fade-in/out DSP (Read 3688 times) previous topic - next topic

Fade-in/out DSP

I'm looking for simple fade-in/fade-out (not crossfade!) DSP, with customizable fading length. Is there such plugin?

Re: Fade-in/out DSP

Reply #1
Fake Gapless DSP is a simple cosine fade, but as it was meant for fixing lossy encoding glitching its config allows only 10 ms fades at max. If you need longer I could make a version with no such limit.

Reply #2
Does it do both fade in and out?

If so, it is almost what I'm looking for.

Fake Gapless DSP is a simple cosine fade, but as it was meant for fixing lossy encoding glitching its config allows only 10 ms fades at max. If you need longer I could make a version with no such limit.

Please, if you can.

Reply #3
Took a bit longer than I anticipated. But version 1.0 of Fade In/Out DSP is ready.

Reply #4
Great! Thank you!

Reply #5
An option to not trigger when the track starts from the beginning or ends at the ending would be awesome. Though that might be beyond the capabilities of DSP.

Reply #6
What do you mean exactly? To have an option to not apply fade-in to the first played track and no fade-out to the last played track? Such a thing would be possible to achieve for realtime playback but it wouldn't work with Converter. Or did you mean something else?

Reply #7
What I meant was not to apply it when any "natural" starts/stops occur within the playlist. I.E.:
1. The track starts playing from the beginning when 'play' is pressed (not form a paused state)
2. The track ends because its playtime runs out
3. Next track in the playlist/queue starts autoplaying from the beginning

So, the fadein/out would only trigger when you press stop, pause, or resume paused track
Hope that's more comprehensible

Reply #8
What I meant was not to apply it when any "natural" starts/stops occur within the playlist. I.E.:
1. The track starts playing from the beginning when 'play' is pressed (not form a paused state)
2. The track ends because its playtime runs out
3. Next track in the playlist/queue starts autoplaying from the beginning

So, the fadein/out would only trigger when you press stop, pause, or resume paused track
Hope that's more comprehensible
Hope this helps:

From the wiki

Fading

This section appears when a DirectSound device is selected.

Without fading, transitions can be jarring when jumping from one track to the next, or when seeking within a track. This section allows this effect to be softened.

The sliders adjust the fade in and fade out values or the currently selected type of fade (pause & stop, seek within a track, manual track change, automatic track change). Arrow keys may allow the sliders to be adjusted with greater precision than a mouse or touch surface.

Reply #9
Yeah, thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately that is Directsound only.

Reply #10
Very useful plugin. Thank you.

Reply #11
HI,
I'm trying this but while works great in playback, during convert process, stop working after about 8 songs (I think that because of cpu core used). so if I convert 40 songs, just the first are with fade out and others no.
Thank you for your help.
Aldo

Reply #12
Thanks for the report. Fixed version has been uploaded.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020