Skip to main content

Topic: JJ's DAC/SRC killer sample (Read 432 times) previous topic - next topic

• bennetng
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
JJ's DAC/SRC killer sample
Look into the thread for test file and instructions.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-you-trust-your-ears-by-tom-nousaine.1669/page-23#post-54233

It seems that I don't have a good enough analyzer so I attached the audio files as well. I used my X-Fi Titanium HD to record the output of Realtek ALC892 at 96k. "native" is direct WASAPI playback, "sox" is resample the signal to 96k using foo_dsp_resampler_mod with default settings (linear, 95% passband, no alias, normal quality).

Of course there are some differences in the screenshots, but it seems that nothing is "broken". IMO the Realtek should be a good candidate of "typical" filters due to its popularity, can someone look into the files or do some tests on your devices?

Re: JJ's DAC/SRC killer sample
Reply #1
Look into the thread for test file and instructions.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/can-you-trust-your-ears-by-tom-nousaine.1669/page-23#post-54233

It seems that I don't have a good enough analyzer so I attached the audio files as well. I used my X-Fi Titanium HD to record the output of Realtek ALC892 at 96k. "native" is direct WASAPI playback, "sox" is resample the signal to 96k using foo_dsp_resampler_mod with default settings (linear, 95% passband, no alias, normal quality).

Of course there are some differences in the screenshots, but it seems that nothing is "broken". IMO the Realtek should be a good candidate of "typical" filters due to its popularity, can someone look into the files or do some tests on your devices?

No problems here, either.

However, the SA9023A + ES9018K2M USB DAC attached to this machine misbehaves very badly with something far simpler: 19+20 kHz that peaks at - 1 dB FS. (attached).

• bennetng
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: JJ's DAC/SRC killer sample
Reply #2
However, the SA9023A + ES9018K2M USB DAC attached to this machine misbehaves very badly with something far simpler: 19+20 kHz that peaks at - 1 dB FS. (attached).
Old versions of RMAA used such frequencies and made a lot of AC97 soundcards got the "poor" rating.
[EDIT] Tested your files.
  • Last Edit: 02 November, 2017, 10:30:59 AM by bennetng