Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME & CUE/APEs (Read 2385 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME & CUE/APEs

Is it possible to modify LAME in such a way that it can create MP3s from a single APE and CUE file? I know there are versions of LAME with Nyaochi's patch for APE and CUE support, but sadly it still means I have to decode the APE first and then encode the CUE, or encode the APE first but have to add tags manually.

Can't a feature be added that enables you to directly encode to several MP3s from an APE with transferred tags from a CUE?

LAME & CUE/APEs

Reply #1
Did you try something like the following command line?
Code: [Select]
 lame --apeinput --alt-preset standard CUESHEET CDImage.ape.cue _basename --tag

Or are you refering another special situation?
We have several methods to encode APE+CUE as discussed in this thread 

LAME & CUE/APEs

Reply #2
D'OH!

"Search before you post"...I can actually remember reading that thread, at a time I WASN'T interested in using lossless...guess I forgot about it 

Ahh, now all I need is a way to get "Year" and "Genre" data automatically added to the ID3 tags...