Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fix foobar for Win 7 please already (Read 1287 times) previous topic - next topic

Fix foobar for Win 7 please already

I love this player, but why don't you fix it so that you can right click on a folder (since a folder is an album) and play/enque it in foobar when the folder is a 'music' folder type... please

its funny that you can do that to any other folder than a music folder, super annoying actually

Re: Fix foobar for Win 7 please already

Reply #1
Another request I have is that you have a column that simply shows the current directory being played from.  And not the whole path from C: which is super long.  Just the name of the directory the mp3 is in

Reply #2
Hello,

I checked this in Win10. I have a folder with music. My folder is optimized for "allgemeine elemente" in German which means translated general elements. Then you can use the context menu. If I change the folder settings to music the context menus are not available.
This is interesting. So it is not only a win 7 problem.

The solution might be that you change the folder settings in your windows.

For better recognition of this problem you should change the subject of this topic to:
Contextmenu play / enqueue is not available when the directory is optimized as music folder [Win 7 and 10]

Then maybe peter will have a look in this or can explain what's behind this.

Please do not make different requests in one topic.
About your second post:
Please have a look at:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference#.24directory.28path.29

There is the string $directory(path). Just add a column and name it path and add this as a string. I tried it myself and it works.

Reply #3
That's a temporary solution which i did, changing the folder to 'general items', and it works, although after i moved the albums (directories) they all changed to 'music' again.

It's pretty annoying to change a ton of folders, also.

I am sure I could make a .reg file to fix this, but I would like it fixed for all users

Reply #4
Hey thanks for the input

Reply #5
Sorry my solution for the directory doesn't work. But there must maybe there muss be a solution. Which kind of ui are you using?

When you use EsPlaylist you can add a column with %directoryname%. This works.

Reply #6
I love this player, but why don't you fix it so that you can right click on a folder (since a folder is an album) and play/enque it in foobar when the folder is a 'music' folder type... please
Have you tried to disable Windows media player and Windows media center through Uninstall or change programs->Turn window features on or off->Media features ? It should solve problem.

Reply #7
No it does work, problem is, when you move the directory or sometimes even access it, it will automatically change back to 'music' type.  Also I use EncSpot and that won't work unless the directory is a 'Music' type

Yeah the solution is the foobar2000 program needs to be updated it is a simple registry entry to fix it

ok trying rollin suggestion....

Reply #8
Thanks Rollin!  That totally worked.  Although when I restarted my computer it told me my copy of windows was not genuine, LOL

Reply #9
ALSO, EncSpot works too

Reply #10
Thanks Rollin =]