Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File name patterns in more than one line (Read 1047 times) previous topic - next topic

File name patterns in more than one line

Hi there,

when I do some file operations it would be quite helpful to have for example the File name pattern in more than one line, to get a better overview on the syntax.
Assume you have this very simple example here (which is not really complicated, but I try to illustrate, what I mean):

Code: [Select]
$if(%discnumber%,%album artist%/%SET%/$num(%SETORDER%,2) ['['%date%']' ]%album%/%discnumber%.%track% - %title%,%album artist%/%SET%/$num(%SETORDER%,2) ['['%date%']' ]%album%/%track% - %title%)

If there would be the possibility to write it like this:
Code: [Select]
$if(%discnumber%,
     %album artist%/%SET%/$num(%SETORDER%,2) ['['%date%']' ]%album%/%discnumber%.%track% - %title%,
     %album artist%/%SET%/$num(%SETORDER%,2) ['['%date%']' ]%album%/%track% - %title%
   )
the code would become much easier to read and if you assume, you have a much more complicated pattern with more nested ifs, it would make searching for errors much easier.
Are there any plans to implement something like what describe or is there another place/module to edit those patterns in more lines?

Thanx, Rainer

Re: File name patterns in more than one line

Reply #2
Thank you for the hint.
Had a look at it. Do I see it right, that I cannot edit the different presets I have, but only one code, that I have to copy and paste back?

Re: File name patterns in more than one line

Reply #3
I recommend that you ask your question in the subforum for the component. I haven't used it since I currently do little title formatting, but keep it in mind for when that changes. And answers to any questions you have may well help others reading the subforum for information.