Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_input_tak show incorrect bitrate for *.TAK files. (Read 1758 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_input_tak show incorrect bitrate for *.TAK files.

http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_tak

It shows incorrect bitrate, because it count embedded covers too.
Here is two identical files, first with cover and second with cover deleted.
Bitrates are various!

Re: foo_input_tak show incorrect bitrate for *.TAK files.

Reply #1
I would use an API, if there were one. I could also discount the tags, if that's the only thing which could pad a file's size.

Reply #2
I would use an API, if there were one. I could also discount the tags, if that's the only thing which could pad a file's size.
So, it's the limitation because TAK is closed-source?

Reply #3
It's a matter of the SDK not exposing a function to calculate the total bitrate of the file. Which it doesn't need to, since the file data itself does not contain the tags. It should be up to the front-end component to subtract the size of any metadata before calculating the average bitrate from the file size. I'll put this on my TODO list for post holidays.

Reply #4
It's not a bug. The traditional way to calculate bitrate is to divide the filesize by duration. This takes all format specific padding and other metadata into account and makes the bitrate usable as a direct file size comparison method. Also if a file is copied or transferred over the network the metadata will not magically disappear and be irrelevant.